What does the 'Quadrant' do?

stang99

Lots of posts on this. The quadrant keeps your clutch adjusted and the stock one hasn't been doing its job on any of the '03's that I have personally looked at. We replace it to keep the clutch adjusted and to not wear the clutch out. Also, the aftermarket quadrants allow a better clutch action and quicker more positive shift. Replacing the stock quadrant has now moved to the number one first mod that should be made on a new Cobra, followed immediately by a cat back exhaust system.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
The cable is the difficult part. BTW, anyone know which unit you should use for adjusting the grab/engagement point? Not sure if I should adjust it using the cable or FW adjuster.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I have the UPR Firewall adjuster and 3 hook quadrant, and all I can say is run out and get these. Best sub 100 dollar mod you will ever buy.

Makes driving so much easier, tranny shifts like butter, clutch isnt rough anymore, it enages where you want it, mine is in the middle, and I raise it up some at the track.

Good stuff

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Rage,
So you ended up doing it yourself, huh?
Wasn't too bad, was it?

Missle,
The cable is normally not ncessary, the stock one is as good as any.

Dana

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
The triple hook gives you more adjustment options. With the single hook, you only have the range of the adjsuter and that's it. With a triple hook, you can move to the next hook and screw the adjuster all the way back in.

Bottom line, all 03 Cobras should have a UPR Extreme quadrant/adjuster, or the Anderson Ford Motorsports quadrant/adjuster. The stock setup is a total POS.

maoun

Established Member
keep the stock cable, trust me....the aftermarket ones suck.

i have the upr triple quadrant and firewall adjuster....real nice

m.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Rage,
So you ended up doing it yourself, huh?
Wasn't too bad, was it?

Missle,
The cable is normally not ncessary, the stock one is as good as any.

Dana

yeah I did, it was really easy. I decided to pass on installing the cable after I compared the stock one to the aftermarket one, they look identical.

the only part that was a pain, was the little piece on the higher shaft (not the quadrant but the adjuster thing up top), it was being a royal bitch to get off. But after a few :cuss: here and there it decided to come out. I the pursued to beat the $hit out of that little piece for being such a bitch.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
I told my friend I just bought a 03 T56 after I installed my quad/adj, since I'm sure they won't cover any tranny failures now with aftermarket parts on there. He said if it fails just put the stock quadrant back in. Yea right! I'd rather buy the tranny. No way in hell am I putting those parts back in.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great info. Thanks for the post! I see I have another mod coming soon.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread