What does it take to get one of these bad boys in the states?

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
2013-bmw-m135i-01-lg.jpg

I've always wanted to do something similar to this.

yellow-fascination-bmw-1m-hatchback-photo-gallery-medium_2.jpg

Cost isn't an issue.

Fat-cat

Established Member
heck i'd be happy with an s4 or rs4 avant too

Buy 3 and have 2 safety crashed and hope they pass... based on them not being here im assuming its something stupid like bumper mounts or something that does not pass US regulation.

Or buy it and use it as a track car only...( never register it )

kaz109

Established Member
Not a fan of that BMW but would LOVE to get an RS6 here in the states

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Buy 3 and have 2 safety crashed and hope they pass... based on them not being here im assuming its something stupid like bumper mounts or something that does not pass US regulation.

Or buy it and use it as a track car only...( never register it )

actually nothing to do with that, its more about projected sales. Sadly the US market doesn't like performance wagons.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I always see some cool cars here living in Germany specially on the autobahn hauling ass. Saw this bad boy on the autobahn the other day had munich dealer plates on it as that's where the HQ is. It is a hybrid test vehicle

3E0C40D4-C910-410D-8A0D-7B037D1B4999_zpsmlx3mnjg.gif

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
why would you want to, you have much nicer wagons ie CTS-v

The reason is because "beauty is in they eye of the beholder." To some, the CTS-V doesn't hold a candle to that BMW. Based off the pictures, it seems that car would be smaller than the CTS-V so they wouldn't really be comparable.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Technically you should be able to get it here through an import broker. It's licensing and insuring it that's the problem. You can't do that if the US Government hasn't deemed the car to be safe.

You'd be able to trailer it to track events and such, but using it on the street would be illegal.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I always see some cool cars here living in Germany specially on the autobahn hauling ass. Saw this bad boy on the autobahn the other day had munich dealer plates on it as that's where the HQ is. It is a hybrid test vehicle

Reposting this to oppositelock because its not every day you see a bmw i8 hauling ass down the autobahn :rockon:

I have a 82-94 era Munich Manufacturer plate that I'm going to toss on my 745i :beer:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member

Germany has their hybrid cars in the right path in terms of looks. All the US ones looks like little milk cartons

Users who are viewing this thread