What does it take to get a 99-04 GT in the 12's???

Blackened GT

Established Member
Well I ran 13.28 w/ 3.27s and a 3650 on stock clutch that blew up the next day. I had everything I have now except the intake, plenum, and t/b. Now, I drive the piss out the car. I was speed shifting and shifting at 6000 launching at 4500 at the stickiest track in the south- Carolina Dragway in Jackson. I had the timing crank up and running lean. Now that I've got the intake and stuff, I believe that I can get in the 12's with gears and headers. I've got prolly about $2000 in bolt ons. AND it's full weight car- half tank of gas w/o spare.

On a forum I saw about 6 months ago I saw where a guy had posted he had a gutted 01 (roughly) w/ 266rwph that went 12.19. He said he was shifting at 6500, running 4.30s (maybe lower even than that) and was turning 6800 in 4th w/ stock valvetrain.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
mineralgrey01gt said:
i think its possible, i dont see it happening with my POS 3650 i have in my car, maybe a T56 will help me some :)
3650 is better for drag racing than the T56. The T56 is primarily for keeping MPG up.

The 3650 in 01+ stangs come with a 3.38 1st gear compared to a 2.xx first gear in the T56. THe first 2 gears are much better in the 3650 vs. T56.

I ahve answered why 'I feel' a plenum isn't a 'bolt on' at lS1tech..it is just my opinion. Basically...it is a H/C/I package. Plenum is an upper intake, which is what is paired with Heads and Cam. I know it is a quick bolt on, it is just how I look at it. IMO, it isn't too far from saying a manny mounted blower is a bolt on. I mean...would you consider a p/p upper intake a bolt on?...I wouldn't and neither would most people...;-)

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
dude, 3650's suck bad. I have one and I absolutely hate it. It has been broke since the 2nd week i owned the car. The synchros started going bad then and still are like crap

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
mineralgrey01gt said:
dude, 3650's suck bad. I have one and I absolutely hate it. It has been broke since the 2nd week i owned the car. The synchros started going bad then and still are like crap
THen you were a victim of the TSB. That would be like everyone saying the 03 4V's are all junk because of the TSB on the heads.

I have owned two 3650 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread