What does everyone think of the new gen (03-06) Lincoln LS's???

rocket5979

Established Member
Ok, just wanting to get an outside opinion of what people think of when they think of the Lincoln LS w/ DOHC 32v V8? Do you think of a grandpa mobile, nice luxo car, or luxo sports car? Of course I am kind of biased being that I own a modded 2005 V8 LS Sport but I am just curious what others opinions of these cars are?

Robert

Svets96

Established Member
Lincoln LS all the way! I hope they do put a 32v in it. But it seems as if they are dropping the LS from the Lincoln lineup. Thats what I heard recently.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My GF has an 01 LS V8 and it has been a great car. I would go so far as to say it's the best car in the FLM lineup and a shame that it's being discontinued.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Whenever I'm traveling on business I ALWAYS rent a Lincoln LS at Hertz. I love those cars!!!

Why don't I have one? My wife tells me I already have more cars than I can drive. I can't argue with her, because she's absolutely right!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

rocket5979

Established Member
Svets96 said:
Lincoln LS all the way! I hope they do put a 32v in it. But it seems as if they are dropping the LS from the Lincoln lineup. Thats what I heard recently.

Ummmm, they do have a 32V V8. lol. Mine should be putting out over 300hp at the crank now.

As of the 06 modeal year the LS was dropped by Lincoln. I guess they didnt want to make the luxo-sports car image work for them.

rocket5979

Established Member
SID297 said:
My GF has an 01 LS V8 and it has been a great car. I would go so far as to say it's the best car in the FLM lineup and a shame that it's being discontinued.

I hear ya man. FLM is messing up with the discontinue of this car. The reason it never got super popular was because it wasnt marketed for crap! FLM dropped the ball.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Lincoln had a great thing there with the LS, but it just was never capitalized upon and the price could easily creep up on them...unless you went with a V6. Ford had the capacity to borrow the supercharged 4.0 Jag motor, but never happened. I guess they were afraid of upsetting those jolly fellows across the pond.

If I were shopping for a used size-comparable luxo-sports sedan, I'd be hunting for a Cadillac CTS-V or a 300C SRT-8 (which has awesome seating!). Out with the LS with its shared RWD Jag platform vs. the Zephyr with its shared FWD Mazda6 platform....I must shake my head. For year, Lincoln and Cadillac were domestic luxury rivals and now Lincoln doesn't even show up on Cadillac's radar any more.

rocket5979

Established Member
Traveler said:
Lincoln had a great thing there with the LS, but it just was never capitalized upon and the price could easily creep up on them...unless you went with a V6. Ford had the capacity to borrow the supercharged 4.0 Jag motor, but never happened. I guess they were afraid of upsetting those jolly fellows across the pond.

If I were shopping for a used size-comparable luxo-sports sedan, I'd be hunting for a Cadillac CTS-V or a 300C SRT-8 (which has awesome seating!). Out with the LS with its shared RWD Jag platform vs. the Zephyr with its shared FWD Mazda6 platform....I must shake my head. For year, Lincoln and Cadillac were domestic luxury rivals and now Lincoln doesn't even show up on Cadillac's radar any more.

I have always thought of the 300C's as the ghetto persons version of a luxury car. lol. They are respectable, but only a Bentley can pull off such a huge grille! I have seen Blue whales with smaller mouths!!! :D

The CTS-V's arent bad though. I almost like them ,but I still dont quite get with the lines of the car. Still one heck of a lot better than their previous designs!

Last edited:

2slow50

Banned
The ls is one sweet ride and they can look intimidating which up's the cool factor!!!! If i needed a bigger car it would be an LS!! :beer:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
A s/c LS :bowdown:

The nicest car....wtf is wrong with Lincoln :nonono:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
rocket5979 said:
I have always thought of the 300C's as the ghetto persons version of a luxury car. lol. They are respectable, but only a Bentley can pull off such a huge grille! I have seen Blue whales with smaller mouths!!! :D

The CTS-V's arent bad though. I almost like them ,but I still dont quite get with the lines of the car. Still one heck of a lot better than their previous designs!

With the 300, I saw a silver SRT-8 today in a parking lot and disliked the front end in the silver...however, I've seen it in black and blue and it looked awesome. I get where you're coming from with the ghetto notion, but I think that is because of how the hip-hop industry kind of embraced the car for a time. I've seen owners of various colors, ages and shapes driving the 300. I think I could accept it okay for a family sedan.

Regarding the CTS, I don't like them for the same reason...however, the CTS-V somehow seems to tie the more aggressive front end together with the sharp creases in the fenders and rear to make for a much better look. The larger, multi-spoke wheels also help the appearance. Of course, the 400 horsepower and 6 speed manual probably is inducing the beer goggle effect. :-D As much as I like the Hemis, I'd probably go with a used CTS-V. Now IMO, if you want to talk about an exterior mess from GM, look no further than the Monte Carlo. I've never understood the styling on this car. The lines go all over the place and nothing looks as if it matches.

rocket5979

Established Member
BeyondLimitz said:
A s/c LS :bowdown:

The nicest car....wtf is wrong with Lincoln :nonono:

Maybe one day I will do for the Lincoln what I did for my Explorer. For now though I plan to spray it with a dry 75 shot.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
rocket5979 said:
Maybe one day I will do for the Lincoln what I did for my Explorer. For now though I plan to spray it with a dry 75 shot.

whats the hp rating? is it 288? post some pics :thumbsup:

rocket5979

Established Member
BeyondLimitz said:
whats the hp rating? is it 288? post some pics :thumbsup:

The LS is rated @ 280 hp and 286 tq from the factory. Mine should be pushing over 300 at the crank on both by now with the simple mods I have done. Once I throw it up on the dyno here soon I will be able to verify that. As long as I am able to put down over 250rwhp I will be happy with my daily driver.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
My mom has an 05 and before that she had a 00 and I love it. It has plenty of power, gets awesome gas mileage, awesome stero, and with a set of wheels and a spoiler I think they look bad ass. You can pick up a used one pretty reasonable too.

Users who are viewing this thread