What does everyone think about a BRENSPEED tune?

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
What does everyone think about a BRENSPEED tune?:read::read: Does anyone have his tune on a 2014 coyote 6M? (C&L cai and O/R xpipe)
pros and cons???

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I personally have not heard anything about brenspeed for the 2011+ cars.

If you want we can set you up with a killer lund tune.

skwerl

Banned
Everything I've ever heard about Brenspeed's tuning leads me to believe they do not actually have a tuner on staff. They have a library of tunes for various applications and if your setup matches one then they will sell you a tune. If you have the wrong intake or the wrong MAF or even the wrong fuel pumps then they absolutely will not sell you a tune (because they cannot adjust for it).

If you're going to pay for a tune then buy a real tune from a real tuner. Skip the repackaged deals from resellers, go directly to the tuner of your choice. There are many good tuners to choose from so there's no reason to deal with non tuners selling tunes.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Umm, Brenspeed has tuners. I'm not sure how many, but they gave me a great tune for my E-Force supercharger. Skwerl, I'm not sure who you "heard" from, but it might be bad info.

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
Well I loaded the BRENSPEED 93 Race tune on my car tonight and I have to say it is completely KICK-ASS! I don't have anything to compare it to, but verses stock HUGE difference!
tunes are all so close, within just a few horsepower of each other....

bigblue95z

Established Member
I won't get any more tunes from Brenspeed. The tune I had on my '09 had a terrible idle (would surge from 300-1200RPM 3x then level off to about 800). When I talked to them to get them to have a look at the tune, they pretty much refused and put the issues on me saying I somehow didn't install the intake right since it runs fine on my stock intake/tune, but runs like garbage with the C&L and Brenspeed tune. With several years in the auto-tech field, I told them it was pretty much not possible and everything was air tight. For spending over $1000(picked up some appearance mods too), I thought the service was sub-par. After a couple months of putting up with the terrible idle and trying to run down any actual problems (and it wasn't a dirty TB) I got a tune from Doug that used to run Bama. The car ran sooooo much better from the very first start and felt like it picked up quite a bit down low and some up top. No more RPM drop/spike when AC was coming on/off. Dropped straight down to ide when pressing the clutch. Rock solid idle. I'll probably have VMP do the tune on my new '14.

Griswald

I've been running the Brenspeed 93 Race tune in my '14 Track Pack for a year now. It does have some idle issues that they even describe in the packet that comes with the tuner. Have had great luck with it but am probably going to go to a local guy to try something different.

Users who are viewing this thread