What do you use to dry?

Volatile

Destroyer of Alternators
Established Member
I normally do the "flooding" effect, along with using the yard blower on the car, followed up by drying. I need to break out my waffle weave towel...just haven't done many "detail" jobs lately.

My friends have this AWESOME Makita hand held blower....works great, very light and puts out a TON of air

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume by "flooding" effect you mean running the open end of the hose over the washed car to sheet the majority of the water off. I do that and it works great, followed by BLOTTING with really thick microfiber. Wiping side to side is no good.

V-Sicks

Established Member
The Zymol makes the car bead very well so i quick blow off with a electric leaf blower works best for me.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Leaf Blower here as well. I bought one at Lowes for like $29 and it makes it sooo much easier. I use it to take the majority of the water off and then towel down. Then I go back over with a spray detailer.

The leaf blower really helps with cleaning the wifes Expedition!

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I drive the car around for 2-3 minutes after I wash it, then get the rest with a microfiber. I always use a quick detailer after a wash anyways so any dirt that might get kicked up during the drive gets cleaned again anyways.

SRNA

Established Member
I have used all of the above methods of drying. I now use a water blade and finish with microfiber towels. I have a black car and I have never had the water blade scratch my car.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
El cheapo water filtration (Mr. Clean autodry filter) and a drive around the block. 9 times out of 10, works great, and if any water is left, I use a microfiber.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I got mine from autogeek.net

coupon code: Autopia if you are going to buy from there...ive had great service from them, i always wait when they do sales and it comes out being pretty reasonable.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I rinse it down with the mr clean filter thing (i actually use meguiars car shampoo in it) and then blow dry it with my leaf blower, it works pretty well on both of our cars.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I tried the electric leaf blower thing over the weekend, then went over it with microfiber to get rid of any water spots it left behind. its never looked better

S197GT

Established Member
Is use the flooding technique, then a leaf blower to get water from all the little crevices, then get anything that's left with a waffle weave.

Users who are viewing this thread