What do you use to dry?

Zentenk

Established Member
Hey all,

I'm wondering what everyone here uses to dry their vehicles? Right now I have some shamwow type "towel" but there is no way it will lift any left behind debris.

I'm basically looking to update what I use to wash/dry with. I have Microfiber towels but they never absorb much. I used my air compressor on my fresh black paint because god knows I don't want to touch it. The air compressor took too long and I had nasty water spots on the rest of the car so.

So what would you recommend? What do you use?

Here is my fresh new paint I need to take care of:

IMG_1058x.jpg

Thanks

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
My wife's got one of those real car blowers coming to me shortly...I don't remember the name of the unit (saw it on Corvette Forum). It blows 200 MPH, is filtered air (no shit sand blasting the car!) as well as being heated air. Full report when the gift gets here!!!

bwahl602

Established Member
dont use the air hose unless u have a DAMN good moisture/oil seperater.. otherwards, youve just covered your paint in oil and water

i use an electric leaf blower.. No oil or gas, just clean air...

i use that to blow the majority of the water off, then a wipe down with microfiber or soft terry towels

Zentenk

Established Member
anyone use "the absorber"
the maker of it is the one doing the best of best competition on here
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...est-best-competition-win-free-prize-pack.html

What I use looks just like the absorber, comes in the same tube container. It works but I worry it would drag some debris with it. Almost like using a California water blade on the paint. I may just pick up a waffle weave towel again, I lost mine but it always seems after it gets washed it becomes less effective next time around.

My wife's got one of those real car blowers coming to me shortly...I don't remember the name of the unit (saw it on Corvette Forum). It blows 200 MPH, is filtered air (no shit sand blasting the car!) as well as being heated air. Full report when the gift gets here!!!

Sweet, let us know how it goes! Is it smaller than a leaf blower?

I wouldn't drive to dry off the car, that just picks up ton of dirt to attach to the wet spots.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
If you have a good coat of wax on the car, I just take any attachment off the hose and let it run all over the car....this takes a GOOD bit of the water of the car....then I just hit it with microfiber towels....I have one that I get the bulk of the water off with and another for what is left....

that flooding of the car with water gets the ball rolling nicely.

Zentenk

Established Member
If you have a good coat of wax on the car, I just take any attachment off the hose and let it run all over the car....this takes a GOOD bit of the water of the car....then I just hit it with microfiber towels....I have one that I get the bulk of the water off with and another for what is left....

that flooding of the car with water gets the ball rolling nicely.

I have tried this a few times and it does work... if it isn't windy. It never fails though, always been windy when I try this.

PureSound15

Established Member
Water Blade and compressed air - large microfiber towels after that if there's anything left.

And no - after detailing cars for 8 years, I've never had a water blade scratch the paint, ever.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I normally do the "flooding" effect, along with using the yard blower on the car, followed up by drying. I need to break out my waffle weave towel...just haven't done many "detail" jobs lately.

My friends have this AWESOME Makita hand held blower....works great, very light and puts out a TON of air

Evan5469

Established Member
Water Blade for big flat spots and the Absorber for the rest. I've used both of these for as long as I can remember and always have good results. Hell I'm 25 now and have only had to buy 2 Absorbers. They can last a very long time.

Oh and btw, I saw your Viper in OC this past weekend for the hot rod show and it looked awesome!!!

Users who are viewing this thread