What do you think this car is worth?-Need your honest opinion

86caprirs

Established Member
What do you think this car is worth? I looked at it and road tested it today. It drives great and has lots of factory power. It only has a Steeda hot air intake and a cat back. He said it has a tune but did not get the tuner with the car when he bought it. So I am thinking it is a stock tune. The car was repainted on the exterior not the jambs or under hood. Said it was rock chipped. Replaced the windshield. Has a rattle from the right front over bumps. The car is drivin in the rain. The cover over the blower pulley is rusted along with the intercooler brackets. The aluminum brackets on the accessory drive look a little weathered. It looks like the car is drivin all year around. Just not in the snow. It has 57891 miles (93186kms) on the clock. he wants $27900.00. Tells me his buddy is really interested in this car.

Here is the link.

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Sonic Blue - Calgary Cars For Sale - Kijiji Calgary Canada.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Sounds like its been rode hard and put up wet. What is 27900CA in USD?

Dollar for dollar exchange about even supposedly but the dollar goes further here. I was up in the Buffalo / Niagara Falls area this year. As usual, plenty of Canucks around shopping stateside. Plus I think Cobras are a little harder to find up there.

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
Seems pricey to me, but I'm not exactly sure what the exchange rate is, but I would say that car is worth 18k us at most...

86caprirs

Established Member
They are harder to find here. Alot have been crushed because of driving errors. It is about 26,156.00 US. I figured that $22,000 is an offer. I mean why was it really painted? And I want a nice garage kept car not a daily driver. Something I can take to a show. I found an all black 03 cobra vert with 26000miles on it. Mint. He wants $26000.00. I found a white cobra vert with 38000miles and mods for $24,900

I am just not sure about this car. Not really original. And it was painted with water based paints.

I work at a Ford dealership and they came to me with an avaerage price sheet on the 03 cobra verts. Excellent condition was $18000.00. Then it went down from there depending on condition.

Last edited:

86caprirs

Established Member
Yes. See thats what I thought to Cobracide. He knows I am looking for a Blue Cobra. He jumpped on this one and keeps telling me his buddy is going to buy it but he wants to sell it to me. I mean i looked at the silver one for 23,000. He was selling it in the spring at the $27000 price. So that tells me the sonic blue one is over priced. I love the white one but the tuner got hold of me and told me there was fuel issues at the top end when he was data logging the car on dyno runs.

GrowinupMX

Established Member
You said be honest, so its waaay to high as most cobras are on here and other places as well. I've never understood why people want 19 to 24k for a 16 to 17k car, i guess because they find someone who is willing to over pay for a car idk.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
$27,900. for a 2003 Cobra with 57,800 miles is crazy. That's worth maybe $17K-$20K depending on the condition. As far as rarity of Sonic Blue. Of all the 2003 Cobra colors (convertible), Sonic Blue is #7 out of 10. .. Terminator Production Numbers

86caprirs

Established Member
Thats what he is telling me Mulldone and mach1033. Now I went on a road test sat afternoon and he tells me his buddy has gone to the bank. But he is going through a divorce too?!?!? yeah that bank will give that guy money. I look at the car on my hoist Wednesday afternoon. Oh and the car was repainted.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Damn I know its harder to find in Canada, but hes asking way too much.
I bought mine 4 years ago for cheaper then that with 14K and they where very hard to find here too.
Plus they paint thing has me thinking, I say hell no

Users who are viewing this thread