What do you think of this trade for my Cobra

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
IF you need a 4 door pickup, can't go wrong with that truck.

Looks great.

I would personally keep the 10th Anniv Cobra. However I am not much of a truck guy.

I had my GMC truck for 7 years. I sold it and bought the Lightning. The small cab was killing me. I was hooked on the boost so I got the Cobra. I really miss having a truck.

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
I would keep the car but that is just because I am a sucker for the Cobra. If you need a truck its a different story.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
yeah i saw that yesterday, think he's on lightning rodder as well.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Don't. I understand some people need a truck, but that isn't a "truck" for the typical reasons people need trucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those motors do not have forged rods, right? At that power level, the short block is on borrowed time. As is the transmission.

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
Don't. I understand some people need a truck, but that isn't a "truck" for the typical reasons people need trucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those motors do not have forged rods, right? At that power level, the short block is on borrowed time. As is the transmission.

I don't need a truck. I havn't had a car in 14 years. I've had nothing but trucks. After having the car for a while I realize I miss having a truck. On the other hand I like the boost. I had a lightning but the small cab wasn't cutting it. I think hat truck is still in the safe zone as far as power goes.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
What does everyone think of this as a trade. It's 476/534 at the wheels.

May 2010 Mark "SCBQQSTN" Hulsewe #651 - National Harley Truck Owners Club

its 476/534 but your going to need a bottom end to do any higher than that. that shortblock is on borrowed time, especially with a whipple. why not go for broke on the cobra? the truck even with 500hp will have a very hard time keeping up with alot of the performance cars today, they are just past thier prime....this is coming from an ex lightning owner who now drives an 05 GT.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
oh and F that for maint work. plug changes are things of nitemares....

ViciousJay

Established Member

THey dont not have forged rods but they can be run hard, just like the cobras it doesnt matter if you have forged internals if there is a bad tune it will kill your motor. As for the trans the one the lightning and Harley share is also shard with the diesel boys so its stout for a trans and can handle some powaaaaa

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't need a truck. I havn't had a car in 14 years. I've had nothing but trucks. After having the car for a while I realize I miss having a truck. On the other hand I like the boost. I had a lightning but the small cab wasn't cutting it. I think hat truck is still in the safe zone as far as power goes.

In that case, by all means go for it, its a sweet truck.

If it were me, I would find a way to keep the Cobra and buy a truck, but I also live in Wisconsin, you don't have the same vehicle needs being in Florida.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
No offense. Looks a Lil on the low rider side to me:shrug:

--{just sayin}--

Users who are viewing this thread