What do you think of this combo?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
Yes, says griggs and Ford FRPP who builds the 11 to 1 crate engines and the 11 to 1 compression motors in the FR500 race cars that have experienced zero failures in competition use and are currently kicking the shit out of BMW and Porsche in grand am racing. Robert Yates racing also builds Modular 11 to 1 cobra engines that are reliable and make plenty of power. Simply put, the 11 compression ratio has proven to be reliable and make plenty of power in NA and blower applications. Now if I remember correctly quadcocker, you are crying like a bitch:whine: and complaining that your car could blow up at any time and you also selling your cobra because you are "fed up" with it. That certainly speaks volumes as to how well your less than 9 to 1 dished piston combination is running!:lol1:

wtf do 11:1 N/A race motors have to do with blown street combinations. Exactly nothing, thanks for playing.

Im paranoid, that does not say anything about the combo. I'd never be able to sleep with an 11:1 blown motor on pump gas. can you say timebomb.

Im selling it because im fed up with the maintenance and other issues. The motor has been perfectly reliable for 12k miles and 2.5 years at over 600rwhp.

how many miles does Griggs have on their 11:1 blown motor? 100?

01yellercobra

Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
Yes, says griggs and Ford FRPP who builds the 11 to 1 crate engines and the 11 to 1 compression motors in the FR500 race cars that have experienced zero failures in competition use and are currently kicking the shit out of BMW and Porsche in grand am racing. Robert Yates racing also builds Modular 11 to 1 cobra engines that are reliable and make plenty of power. Simply put, the 11 compression ratio has proven to be reliable and make plenty of power in NA and blower applications.

My question is what experience do you personally have with these set ups? Race motors are a lot different then a street motor. The motors are checked a lot more then a street car and they're definitly not running 91 or 93 octane gas. And so a couple companies have put together a "street" car. If it has tags and can be drive on the street once or twice week, they're going to say it's a reliable street car. It's all about positive advertisement. Just because they do it, doesn't mean the average enthusiast should.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
quadcammer said:
here we go again.

says who? griggs? they've built what? one car? Let them stick to suspension.

8.9-9.4 compression is great for a centrifugal blower
+1 .......I am running 9.0:1 with my centri and everything works out great. Easy 600rwhp on pump gas.

as for std bore... I would have definitely went with an over bore. It realy does SOOOO much for these cars. After driving a std bore and an over bore car there is a noticible difference in responsiveness and low end power that a 32v lacks greatly.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
slo984now said:
My question is what experience do you personally have with these set ups? Race motors are a lot different then a street motor. The motors are checked a lot more then a street car and they're definitly not running 91 or 93 octane gas. And so a couple companies have put together a "street" car. If it has tags and can be drive on the street once or twice week, they're going to say it's a reliable street car. It's all about positive advertisement. Just because they do it, doesn't mean the average enthusiast should.
I agree... I would give up a huge cam and a little compression for 100% driveability. You sacrifice 10-20hp but pick up 200% driveability over the 11.0:1 compression big cam motors.

Users who are viewing this thread