Ported '01 heads
Fr500 Cam kit
Bassani Mid-lengths
Mac catted Pro Chamber or MRT Catted H
Borla Stinger Cat Back
Aluminum DS & Flywheel
4.30's/4.56's (Opinions?)

I ordered the Rods & Pistons today.

My goal with this car is a weekend/fun driver that will probably never see a track,maybe some auto X,but nothing serious. I want reliable rip,snorting good times!!

I'm thinking somewhere between 330-350Rwhp ?

If that's not enough I can always add some juice.

What do you guys think am I heading in the right direction?

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:

mnicrosoftWERD.gif

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Really if all you were looking for was 350 or so rwhp that could have been attainable without purchasing the rods and pistons, saving you some money.

Of course the forged components are good insurance if you decide to add nitrous, but if it was me I would have done everything on your list minus the forged internals.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
dude, would you stop with the std. bore stuff.

get it punched .020 over. its the ONLY way to go when doing this

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
On the contrary, A flat top piston is the way to go for any cobra motor not using a twin screw blower.

here we go again.

says who? griggs? they've built what? one car? Let them stick to suspension.

8.9-9.4 compression is great for a centrifugal blower

CanuckCobra

Established Member
Torch10th said:
Really if all you were looking for was 350 or so rwhp that could have been attainable without purchasing the rods and pistons, saving you some money.

Of course the forged components are good insurance if you decide to add nitrous, but if it was me I would have done everything on your list minus the forged internals.

I blew a piston when a spark plug blew up.So the motor is out and apart already.

Figure I'd get the best stuff I can afford.

CanuckCobra

Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
should have got a dished piston.

Screw this gay ass n/a fettish. All that money spent for 350rwhp. Its a shame.

I'd like as much power as I can get from this set up as possible. But I mostly don't want to see the inside of that engine for the next 10 years. And I really don't want to get into upgrading all the systems on the car,cooling,fuel etc. I'd rather drive it than have it in the shop.

If you don't get forged pistons what would you get, Stock? Stock rods? I'd rather pony up some $$ now and have some peace of mind.

My priorities are this

1. Fun-thats why I bought this car and why I bought a 'vert.

2.Reliability-Broken cars are no fun.

3.Power-becasue it's fun.

I'm 38 i did all my smoke show, street racing shit years ago. I'm not likely to take it to the track. It's a weekendcruiser.

I came pretty close to just saying F**k it and getting rid of this thing for next to nothing. I've decided to keep it now and I'm stoked.

Anyways I asked for your thoughts and I appreciate hearing them.

01vert

Established Member
Your money, your car, your choice. Sounds like you are happy with it and went to a good source of info so enjoy it. Asking for peoples opinions around here has turned into a bashing war. Seems like the last year or so it has gotten worse this way. If your combo isnt my idea of ideal people now say "why this or why that" instead of supporting each other.
Enjoy your car

UCBeau

quadcammer said:
here we go again.

don't spoil his fantasy, he thinks he knows something...

CanuckCobra

Established Member
01vert said:
Your money, your car, your choice. Sounds like you are happy with it and went to a good source of info so enjoy it. Asking for peoples opinions around here has turned into a bashing war. Seems like the last year or so it has gotten worse this way. If your combo isnt my idea of ideal people now say "why this or why that" instead of supporting each other.
Enjoy your car

Thanks..:beer:

wojowojo16

Established Member
after you build the motor try and find a used procharger kit for ~2k and bolt that up, new clutch and beef up the rear, some 3.73 gears and call it quits. :)

cobraracer46

Banned
quadcammer said:
here we go again.

Yes, says griggs and Ford FRPP who builds the 11 to 1 crate engines and the 11 to 1 compression motors in the FR500 race cars that have experienced zero failures in competition use and are currently kicking the shit out of BMW and Porsche in grand am racing. Robert Yates racing also builds Modular 11 to 1 cobra engines that are reliable and make plenty of power. Simply put, the 11 compression ratio has proven to be reliable and make plenty of power in NA and blower applications. Now if I remember correctly quadcocker, you are crying like a bitch:whine: and complaining that your car could blow up at any time and you also selling your cobra because you are "fed up" with it. That certainly speaks volumes as to how well your less than 9 to 1 dished piston combination is running!:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread