What do you think, 9000 cash

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Would you pay to have the car inspected if you were going to ship the car , I received videos of the car in detail it running switching gears , hole 9 yards . It doesn't seem to have nothing wrong with it . Inspection is 300$

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I purchased my '96 in the summer of 2015...I live in New Orleans, and the seller was in New Jersey....I had him bring the car to a Ford dealership for inspection...costs around $100 to $150...and the mechanic called me to discuss the issue he found (all were minor at the time).

I'd personally never buy one without an inspection, but that's just me.

FYI - there are websites that act as 3rd parties to the transaction so both the buyer and seller are protected...I've used escrow.com before to buy a car and everything went perfectly. I'm lucky I did b/c the guy and the mechanic missed the 3rd gear syncro issue (on a 98 svt contour), and escrow.com wouldn't release the funds to the seller until we resolved the issue!

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
Personally, I'd rather spend the money to fly down and look at it in person. You can get cheap flights for 300-400 bucks round trip. If the car is everything you want and you get a good price, you can drive it home and cancel the return part of your ticket for a refund. I've done this more times then I care to remember.

kaiser13

There are some things wrong with the car that is at least 500$ . I asked if he would lower it and said no it would still be 9000$ cash . I just invested 300 $ in a appraisal . This car came across thinking about asking 9500$ I already asked 9000 for white Cobra . What do u think

98SVTContour98

Established Member
There are some things wrong with the car that is at least 500$ . I asked if he would lower it and said no it would still be 9000$ cash . I just invested 300 $ in a appraisal . This car came across thinking about asking 9500$ I already asked 9000 for white Cobra . What do u think

It all depends on how much you want to spend and how urgently you need/want the car. The white car looks good and I really like the low miles on it. If you bought it for $9k, I don't think anyone would blame you. Some might choose to pass on it and hold out for something around $7500, but at $9k for a 40k mile Cobra, I'd buy it.

I looked for 4-5 months before finding mine, but I was pretty budget driven at the time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That one from Baton Rouge is very nice

I like that one (Mystic) better as well. I've always loved Mystic paint. Even more than Mystichrome. That black one does look to be in nice condition, and IMO it's a plus that the engine is stock and likely not beat on.

So you went with the white Cobra?

kaiser13

I am leaning towards the white one . It's here locally garage kept only thing that I need is a rear view mirror, has a small ding in driver door,the black one needed a new tires new CD player and a new electric seat motor

Users who are viewing this thread