what do you guys think of this???

black02

Established Member
i am wanting to buy my first cobra. i have a Lightning now and plan on keeping it, but want to know if this is a good deal. its an 03 white cobra about 55k on it with the following...

ENGINE/POWER
Billetflow 2.76 blower pulley and 4 idlers
Billetflow differential brace
JLT cold air intake
Custom oil catch tank
Magnaflow X pipe with high flow cats
Magnaflow catback exhaust
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
Full valve job
Diamond pistons .20 over
Clevite main bearings
Clevite rod bearings
stock rods
stage 3 comp cams
comp cam springs
comp retainers
ARP Head studs
ARP Main studs
Moroso 7QT oil pan
tuned by steen racing in va

Interior
Sparco Pro 2000 Seats
Rear seat changed to dark charcoal gray to match the sparcos better
Aluminum cup holder, vent/temp control and radio knobs interior accents

SUSPENSION/DRIVETRAIN
Wolfe Racecraft through-the-floor subframe connectors
Kenny Brown rear strut tower brace
Kenny Brown springs
MGW short shifter
Falken Azenis RT-615 tires
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials
Brembo Cobra R big brake kit
Stainless steel brake lines all around
Slotted rotors all around
Brembo brake pads

ELECTRICAL
Dual beam 6000k HID lights (high and low beam are real hid)
Autometer Lunar Series Boost and Fuel Pressure gauges
FJO Wideband 02 meter mounted on dash

MISC
California Custom Car Noah cover
Cobra R logo floor mats

im getting it for 19k motor has 32k on it...i think it is a good deal but i dont know much about them...any help would be great thanks!

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
stock blower? why was it rebuilt? just because or did something go boom? who did the rebuild? was it sleeved so it doesn't have that .001 wall clearence? What about the clutch? Kinda confused on the catch tank does it have a kb? not tryin to be a dik but did you ask those questions.
Price is good but I'd be askin all kinds of questions. guys smarter than me will probably chime in to help ya.

945LSTANG

Established Member
thats quite a mods list...i would look it over very carefully.

you have any pics?

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
It's kind of an odd combo - a built motor with a Eaton supercharger & 2.76" upper pulley. I'd try to find out some history on the car (i.e. what happened to the stock motor) and have a trusted mechanic take a look at the car...

black02

Established Member
i have a few pics but dont know how to post them. the story behind the car is the guy bought it off this site as a good car and it was or he blew it up on the way home...sont know the story and dont care to get into it really. so he had the motor rebuilt. due to the fact that he had just paid for the car he was a little short on cash in the build that is why it is still on the heaton. the motor was built by a place in va called steen racing and they were known in the area for working on fords. the motor had a little over 20k on it now so i think that is has proven itself.

i know it is going to need long tubes and a whipple but i just want to know if you guys think it is a good deal for the car. i hate the seats would rather have stock seats but i think im getting it really cheap. the guy selling it is a friend so i dont want to make him an enemy over a car...thanks

black02

Established Member
here is a link to a recent video of the car...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6VsAs7EK-U"]YouTube - For Thomas[/ame]

945LSTANG

Established Member
when it was blown up it was pretty much stock. why pass on it?

any reasons why it blew up?

i just see it as a huge red flag that the previous owner beat the piss out of it. especially if it was blown up in near stock form. i usually go for the bone stock, conservative owner route when im buying a car. im very picky, so if you're still ok with it then go for it.

btw...those reddish/pinkish stripes are horrible.

EDIT: after watching that vid...it just sounds sketchy. he keeps pointing out all these little issues.

Last edited:

donjonald

I live by the W's
Established Member
Damn that engine is dirty. Doesn't seem like a bad deal, but I think you could find something better for the price if you look around(might be a drive though). It's always sketchy to me buying a car rebuilt, you never REALLY know whats in there. White looks sick though.

Users who are viewing this thread