What do you guys think? 2010 GT500 wheels on a 2003-04 Cobra?

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I'm thinking about selling my CCWs amd buying these to put a little cash in my pocket because I close on my house in a month. What do you think....
2010GT500Wheels.jpg

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Hmm that depends. I like the wheels on the car. However do I like them enough over what you have already to make it worth it for your situation? I'm leaning towards no.

I don't know the specifics of your wheels or what condition they're in, but I'm guess a sale price of around 1500-2000, then you've got at least 1000, but probably more like 1300 in wheels and tires for the '10 GT500 wheels. I don't think I would do it. The wheels you have now are sex. The wheels you're looking at are "good." Giving up "sex" for "good" + what I estimate to be probably a couple hundred, maybe a thousand in cash to me isn't really worth it.

But, you do what you need to. I know how little things crop up when buying a house and every little bit helps.

SVT2122

Established Member
Somebody put them on a redfire cobra and they looked awesome. I feel the same way as above, idk if I would give up CCW's for them.

Nicky Pass

Established Member
I'd sell the CCWs with the tires (I don't wanna separate) for $2850. They only have about 1000 miles on them and they are mint.

The wheels and tires are $1600. I could $1250 in my pocket. AND....I'd worry about the wheels less....and there would be waaaaaaaay less maintenance.

Coiled03

Established Member
I sure as hell wouldn't do it if I had the wheels you have now.

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
Is that a photoshop or is that a real pic. They look pretty bad ass.
I can understand about the having extra money plus less maintenance.
Do whats best for your situation bro! Car is gonna be pimp either way.

shftn6

mystichrome vert.
Established Member
dont do it!!!! If you were sitting on stockers and found a set used for 6 or 700 i would say do it.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
i say go for it but thats just because i dont like the way those ccw's look in your sig. Im not a fan of spokes with curves.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'd sell the CCWs with the tires (I don't wanna separate) for $2850. They only have about 1000 miles on them and they are mint.

The wheels and tires are $1600. I could $1250 in my pocket. AND....I'd worry about the wheels less....and there would be waaaaaaaay less maintenance.

If you could get that much for them. I don't mean that you shouldn't try and sell them, but there's a difference between what you want for an item and what the market will bear.

Brand new SP500's in 18x9 and 18x10-11 are currently running 2600 through CCW. Then you have tire choice on top of that. at $2850 I'd hope you have a rea nice tire on there. The problem is it's still a used set of wheels. Most people that are going to spend that much on wheels and tires will probably pay the 500-700 extra to make sure the wheels and tires are brand-spanking-new.

I know I would in this situation.

But hey, what do I know? I'm not in the market for wheels. It's very possible you might get what you want out of them.

Regardless, at 1,200 cash, I wouldn't be trading off those gorgeous CCW's. I'd find something I rarely use and sell it instead.

I know we all talk about less maintenance etc etc. It's fine to talk about, but we're all nut-swinging happy go lucky enthusiasts that care WAYY too much about the appearance and running condition of our cars for that to ever be more than talk. Kind of like how a politician says he'll change Washington only to be corrupted by it's money and power.

Have you given thought to the fact that you're car will likely also be a bit slower with those heavier wheels?

Like I said, I know how moving into a new house goes. You've got all kinds of incidentals that you can't even fathom would come up. I still think this is a losing proposition though. Anyway you've only got a month to sell the stuff and get new wheels. Who's to say they'll even sell within that time? Again it's a game of chance and my opinion is that it's a losing one.

Anyway good luck with what you decide! :beer:

ZachSav

Ford Tech.
Established Member
someone actually just bought a set from us (AM) for his 03 cobra... i think they look good actually and even better in person.

Nicky Pass

Established Member
I paid $3500 for the CCWs with the Toyo T1Rs.....275-35-18 and 295-35-18. It be close to $750 in savings for someone....then again in someone flashed me the cash and picked them up....I'd budge on the price.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i didnt think i was going to like them, but the dont look half bad. i understand about wanting the money, but you're going to be disappointed with the decision.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
I think the GT500 wheels look pretty good..and you get money in your pocket. You can always go back later down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread