What do you do to honor your late father?

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
With Father's Day approaching, my dad is even more on my mind than ever. He passed away in '94 a month after my 12th birthday. So, I wasn't able to enjoy his company as an adult. Among other talents, my dad was a gourmet chef, so I often cook (or at least enjoy) a nice meal and a glass of good red wine in his honor. I'm hoping to plant roses as well now that I own my own home as he loved growing his own flowers, food, etc... What do you do to honor your father and his memory? Or your mother for that matter, I'm lucky to still have my mom, she's been my supporter for years.

01yellercobra

Established Member
My dad passed away back in 2008. About a year before I got out of the Navy. I continue to do the things I did with him as far as fishing, shooting, working on car. And I'm passing those on to my kids.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I continue to do the things I did with him as far as fishing, shooting, working on car. And I'm passing those on to my kids.

This, there's no better way to honor your father than to do what you love, live a happy and productive life, and to pass on his teachings and stories to your children.

In short, be a good man and be a good father.

Coiled03

Established Member
This, there's no better way to honor your father than to do what you love, live a happy and productive life, and to pass on his teachings and stories to your children.

In short, be a good man and be a good father.

I dread the day my father passes, but when he does, this is the best way I can think of to honor him. I'm confident it's what he'd want.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
my dad just passed away this past january, so this is my first father's day without him. he will be missed. i will hoist a heineken (his favorite brew) in his honor. love you dad! :beer:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I work. Dad was all about working, making your own way in the world, building something out of your life. He started out dirt poor, became an apprentice bricklayer when he was 11 and worked as a bricklayer his entire life. He built up a succesful business, raised three sons and a daughter and always made sure we had a roof over our heads and food on the table.

The funny thing is that my fondest memories of Dad are from way back when we were poor and had nothing. Going hunting, going fishing, going to work with him on weekends and summer vacations. Yeah, construction workers used to take their kids to work with them, back in the '60's.

We lived in Pasadena Texas, across Spencer Highway from Mickey Gilleys Nightclub. No airconditioning in our house until 1981. Every night we were serenaded by the legends of country music playing at Gilleys.

Guess I got a little long winded, here. May 8th was the first anniversary of Dad's death, and I miss him still.

lorne

Established Member
my dad just passed away this past january, so this is my first father's day without him. he will be missed. i will hoist a heineken (his favorite brew) in his honor. love you dad! :beer:

My dad also died this past January. The first "events" have been so tough. We've gone through 4 grand kids birthdays, my birthday, my moms birthday, his birthday, Mother's Day, grandkid award ceremonies... Father's Day might be the hardest one for me... Not sure what ill do or how ill survive it.

Lorne

kornflake7

Established Member
Lost my mom a little over 2 years ago and I just do things that I think would make her proud and what I promised her I would do before she passed. I told her I would finish school and with her life insurance I've finished school with no debt so hopefully I can keep continuing to make her proud and think of her everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread