What do longtubes sound like with offroad x and magnapacks?

98BABCobra

Established Member
It sounds like pure sex in my ears! Lol. I have BBK long tubes, BBK x pipe with gutted cats and magnapacks. I absolutely love the sound. I'll see if I can get a video posted later this evening when I get off work.

SVT Tyler

Established Member
dude that would be awesome...these youtube videos suck...yeah keep in touch definitley want to hear this setup because the magnapacks sound good with stock manifolds just with longtubes i want to know if its loud still ya know haha

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Blatty under full throttle and also under mid throttle between 2300 and 2600rpm. Light throttle and normal driving they sound great in that combo.

<--- speaking from experience

Kiohtee

Established Member
And by a substantial amount if it works anything like my Cobra did! :(

From a performance and price standpoint though, LTs may not even be worth it for you. What's your purpose in wanting them?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
longtubes and magnapacks will be quieter than mangapacks and manifolds

interesting, I would have assumed that combo would wake the dead!

I loved my magnapacks so much until they started falling apart (poor welding ended up with a buncha pinhole leaks that sounded like ass)

BAD351W

Established Member
I don't have magnapacks, but run Loudmouth 2's. I'd have to imagine they sound similar. With LT's, and an OR X, they are pretty loud under any sort of spirited throttle input. Idle, and cruising is not too bad at all. Has a very deep powerful sound to it.

Pale Roader

Stuck in Mopar Hell...
Established Member
Longtubes don't have a sound, but the mufflers and mid-pipes do. Longtubes quiet the exhaust.

Odd? Is that a Cobra/Mustang thing? Put longtubes, or any headers on an old car and they definitely get louder. I would think that just adding the power they do on a Cobra they'd pick up some Dbs...

There was a vid on Youtube some time back with a 99 Cobra, longtubes, a Dr. Gas offroad X and Borlas doing a flyby on the highway. That thing sounded GLORIOUS. Had it on repeat for about a half an hour....

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I had longtubes, o/r X and borla stingers on my GT and it was loud as hell under full acceleration. Raced my friend in his '03 Cobra with bassani mid and catback and you couldn't even hear his car in the video.

Users who are viewing this thread