What did you think of the halftime show?

hoamskilet

Established Member
the who is one of the greatest and most underrated rock bands of all time. Their performance was great for a couple of 65yr old guys. I'd rather watch a weaker performance by the who than 99% of the crap that passes for rock&roll on the radio right now.

qft

Lawman

Established Member
I liked it. However, I couldn't wait for them to complete their set, in order to watch the Saints come alive, and kick some Indy butt. Which they did, BTW!

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I though it was terrible. Everything about the NFL and the Superbowl is 21st century...except the halftime show.

92whitestang

Established Member
My synopsis:

The Who - okay. Lead singer was terrible but the overall performance was good. Great old songs. Yes, it be great to hear complete versions but face it - two of their songs wouldve equaled the entire halftime break.

Drummer - he was good but his clear drums were bada**. Coolest looking drums I've seen. And they sounded good. Definitely the highlight of the show.

Overall halftime show - very good, lights, etc very cool

Stage - very cool - way better than having 1000+ idiots waiving flags and shouting

Shouldv'e had Black Eyed Peas. Any of you who have seen their 30 mins MTV in Europe special on MHD (Palladia) would know they can rock a crowd and they have had an amazing year whether you care for them or not. And they were at the Super Bowl!! From a friend who was working the event Fergie was torn up by the end of the game. God only knows what kind of fine CBS may have gotten if she had performed.....

Overall, anything is better than having Prince again.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
The Who are legends. I thought they were good considering their age, i mean, listen to Roger Daltry at his present age singing those songs, and go listen to Robert Plant singing "whole laotta love". You will see what age has done to a voice then.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have always been a fan of the WHO, they are way past their prime and should have retired about 20 years ago

Zeekmann

Established Member
i thought it was good, light show was awesome. And to all of those saying it sucked, these guys earned the right to play . They are not my favorite but I respect them as a band. Not like this one hit 1 year wonder bands these days.

canibus

Established Member
Shouldv'e had Black Eyed Peas. Any of you who have seen their 30 mins MTV in Europe special on MHD (Palladia) would know they can rock a crowd and they have had an amazing year whether you care for them or not. And they were at the Super Bowl!! From a friend who was working the event Fergie was torn up by the end of the game. God only knows what kind of fine CBS may have gotten if she had performed.....

What do you mean torn up? I like BEP, never been to a concert of theirs though.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i like the who, but that performance was aweful. i liked this part...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wkO14gSwQ"]YouTube- THE WHO ROGER DALTREY CAUGHT LIP SYNC DURING THE SUPER BOWL HALF TIME[/ame]

and i could have sworn i saw pete townsend stop playing the guitar for a second but the music from it kept going

i thought the vocals were off as well. the stage and lasers were cool, but i felt like it was more of an intentional distraction

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
I thought it was terrible, but...you're never gonna be able to please everyone. As someone kinda mentioned earlier, it's 2010, I think whoever performs needs to be somewhat new and cutting edge, whether it be rock, rap, country or a mixture. But come on, The Who? Their superbowl performance should have come in the 70's.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I thought it was terrible, but...you're never gonna be able to please everyone. As someone kinda mentioned earlier, it's 2010, I think whoever performs needs to be somewhat new and cutting edge, whether it be rock, rap, country or a mixture. But come on, The Who? Their superbowl performance should have come in the 70's.

Well said sir

cornholio

Established Member
I thought they were great. The majority of the yahoos that they have had before (6 out of the last 7 half time shows) get up there and lip sing to a CD. The Who said they would do it only if they could play it live.
The "newer" generation does not respect that anymore because they don't listen to actual bands any longer. They are satisfied with some over dubed fake computer generated crap, and it is a shame. Yes they are old, but they played more "music" during the halftime show than most of todays entertainers will play in their lifetime.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I thought they were great. The majority of the yahoos that they have had before (6 out of the last 7 half time shows) get up there and lip sing to a CD. The Who said they would do it only if they could play it live.
The "newer" generation does not respect that anymore because they don't listen to actual bands any longer. They are satisfied with some over dubed fake computer generated crap, and it is a shame. Yes they are old, but they played more "music" during the halftime show than most of todays entertainers will play in their lifetime.

oh ease up, before you blow your colostomy bag... j/k

There is lots of newer music out there that is awesome and real, too many people are just too stuck in there ways to listen to it or give it a chance.....
Just because you hear the teeny bopper music they play on the radio, with lil wayne and lady gaga doesnt mean thats all that is out there.

Dont get me wrong i love old music, but thats just it. ITS OLD who wants to see some 70 year old geriatrics lip syncing some #1 hit from 40 years ago...... im sorry but I dont. Thats not entertainment... your time is over now its our time. Why should the super bowl halftime show have to be lame because they are too afraid of offending someone..... Just my thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread