What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Mustang5L5

Established Member
That interior does look CLEAN! Is she under a cover? Looks that way. I peek into my G70 once or twice a month (covered) and it looks similarly blacked out. Couple of more weeks and the cover comes off.

Yup. It's under a black cover, that's why it looks so dark in there.

Mustang5L5

Established Member

I’ve been using this for years now. Works super well for me. Easy to use, and lasts a while. I use it on rims and such as well.

Don't think i mentioned it but I ended up getting some of this to try out. SHould be here in a couple more days.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello Everyone,

Did some minor things to the Fox Body this weekend. First thing I did was conduct a smoke test on the engine. I didn't find any vacuum leaks and everything checked out. Only smoke I seen came from the throttle body and out the air filter. According to online sources those are all normal.

For those wondering what a smoke test is here is a video on it.

I then changed out my window/door lock face plates. For some reason the passenger side was worse than the driver's side. I know this is small stuff, but it's the little details that make the overall project.

Here you can see the scratched paint around the screw head and chunks of plastic are missing from the plastic frame.
20240225_091027_resized.jpg

Much better. Now my OCD is put to rest LOL.
20240225_092028_resized.jpg

Driver's side looked really good with just a little marring around the screw head.
20240225_092211_resized.jpg

Replaced it anyway.
20240225_093053_resized.jpg

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, I forgot that you have a 93 cobra. Any mods? How many miles?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
I have owned it 10-years and it was completely stock, down to the exhaust. The odometer currently reads 106,000. Over the years I’ve modified it. Some of the mods are:

Ford Racing Boss 302 Crate engine
BMR K-member
Long tubes/high-flow cats/Flowmasters
Aluminum driveshaft
Upper and lower Control arms
340lph fuel pump
Alky Control meth injection
.331 gears

Right now it has the stock injectors, MAF, intake, and TB. I removed the supporting hardware and put the stock stuff back on when I removed the Kenne Bell Flowzilla. It is a great blower but it gets hot and I think it’s pretty hard on the motor.
I have a brand new Vortech V3 with the Heritage cut gears still in the box. When I have time I’ll throw that on.
As a testament to how I do not thrash the car, I’m still rolling with the stock T-5 tranny.
I saved the original motor, which is stored in a crate, along with many other factory pieces I took off.

8430356D-2466-443B-ABAF-8545DEF82A80.jpeg

DB63D8D8-2DE3-47E4-B9AA-B435A0164123.jpeg

B6283C68-9EA5-40C3-A800-8F9BF73F8610.jpeg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Been working on replacing the convertible top weatherstrip and A pillar weatherstrip. It's been kind of a nightmare.

It appears that the weatherstrip is too long, so now I'll have to measure it because LMR thinks it might have been packaged wrong....

Unfortunately I put adhesive on it already. Lesson learned for the next one I install.

I'm not overly impressed with the A pillar weatherstrip made by Daniel Carpenter either. It's
suppose to slide onto a C channel, but the weatherstrip is so flimsy it doesn't really stay in place on the C channel. Maybe once the window gets adjusted and some warmer weather it will form better....
64ead8e83fa1d3ae2bd0ebc895a1a879.jpg
d90ca8adac949e33cd4cc3739c1d3f0d.jpg
302092723dd413ba1f391c4ea45c6252.jpg
2c74c00d1e02f273989724eb6a2d1b03.jpg
92a85408fc8d6120bf14e5f14fe2acc9.jpg

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I have to replace the header weatherstrip on my ‘00 as well and all that’s available is the Daniel carpenter seals. I already assume it won’t fit well

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the after market, and not installed by hands that installed 1000's of them (at the factory)
It's sucks.

Times like this is when we wished we bought OEM parts in bulk before they got discontinued.

I already regret this with the 03-04 cobra parts.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yup. It's under a black cover, that's why it looks so dark in there.
Thought so. LOL. I've decided to remove my cover this afternoon. We have some nice weather coming for the next 10 days or so, and I really want to get behind the wheel.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Bought myself a birthday present.

IMG_8198.jpeg

Been looking to get into this for a while. I think it will be fun, and would be nice to address some of the small quirks I need to tune out after building my HCI setup (runs poorly at idle when 95degrees or hotter)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Bought myself a birthday present.

View attachment 1830786

Been looking to get into this for a while. I think it will be fun, and would be nice to address some of the small quirks I need to tune out after building my HCI setup (runs poorly at idle when 95degrees or hotter)
What kit is that? I should have kept my Holley terminator x kit for the notch.

BTW NPD has the same weatherstrip as LMR. I changed my tactics and might get this to work. I'll be back at it tonight.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

triple-s

Established Member

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Nice .

You plan on tuning it yourself? Main reason why I like the terminator x. New wiring and self learning. I really need to install a wideband.

For now that's the plan. I know enough about Megasquirt to at least attempt it. If i run into problems I have a guy I can call.

Part of this is I want to experience and learn about tuning for myself. I know some just want the car tuned and go for a drive, but I enjoy learning as much as I can about every bit of vehicle performance so this is an experience I want to do on my own first.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I've been thinking about doing this or a terminator x but that kit has gone up like crazy I think now it's like 2300 bucks. My car drives great but sometimes it'll search for an idle after driving and restarting it.

My car runs OK on the untuned A9L. If it's under 80 degrees it will drive fine all day long. But when it's hot and humid it really loads up with fuel at idle. I can smell it out the exhaust and it gets tempermental. If it stalls out, i need to restart it with gas pedal to the floor essentially telling me it's so rich it's flooding out. So when it's hot i just wasn't driving much.

I'm still running 19# injectors on my combo, so i really need to get a set of 24's or 30's on there too. This is just going to help me finish everything up.

I went though my engine harness and inspected all my wiring and connectors and reloomed everything. I'm confident in the harness. I've had this car 27 years and it's never had electrical issues, which is why i have no fear in using the PnP setup with the stock engine harness. I'm not worried.

triple-s

Established Member
My car runs OK on the untuned A9L. If it's under 80 degrees it will drive fine all day long. But when it's hot and humid it really loads up with fuel at idle. I can smell it out the exhaust and it gets tempermental. If it stalls out, i need to restart it with gas pedal to the floor essentially telling me it's so rich it's flooding out. So when it's hot i just wasn't driving much.

I'm still running 19# injectors on my combo, so i really need to get a set of 24's or 30's on there too. This is just going to help me finish everything up.

I went though my engine harness and inspected all my wiring and connectors and reloomed everything. I'm confident in the harness. I've had this car 27 years and it's never had electrical issues, which is why i have no fear in using the PnP setup with the stock engine harness. I'm not worried.
Are you tuning it or having it tuned via email or in person?

Users who are viewing this thread