What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Looks great Glenn nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Patrick! It was a lot of work LOL. I was dragging my @$$ into the house every afternoon LMAO!! But, it was worth it. I'm still not finished with the car. Have a few more projects I want to get done on it. But, I'm having a blast trying to get this car up to my standards.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Nice. Are those Daniel Carpenter windows that you used?

Thank you!

No sir. They are Scott Drake windows. They do not have the Mustang logo on them. However, I did buy some vinyl stickers I'll put on later.

Car will not see the sun much so the stickers should hold up well.

I have seen videos of guys who have coupes and use the Daniel Carpenter QTR windows. They like having the Mustang logo, but are not happy with how the studs are mounted.

triple-s

Established Member
Okay, I got most everything put back together, but it was time to address those drip rail moldings. I also had to paint the seat belt items that mount to the black portion on the inside panels.

Here are the drip rail moldings and the seat belt parts.
View attachment 1823503

As you can see someone tried to paint these before, but did not prep them properly. Now, for those who do not know, as I did not know.....these are made of aluminum, but have a small piece of rubber mounted to the top that meets the body/painted surface. It looks like these are dipped in some type of rubberized material to get them to look even/like one piece. I did not know this and got over zealous with my sanding and busted through the area where the aluminum meets the rubber. Ooops @$&*$##. Time to do some filler work.
View attachment 1823504

View attachment 1823505

Spot I busted through has been body worked and primed. Came out great considering I put a hole in it LOL. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the hole. I was very pissed at the time LOL....
View attachment 1823506

View attachment 1823507

Both drip rail moldings painted with the trim paint. They look brand new.
View attachment 1823508

View attachment 1823509

View attachment 1823510

I ran out of time and day light. So, installation of these will have to wait until next weekend.
View attachment 1823511
Oh man I need you to come to my garage and do my car trim too. Car is looking real good.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
@Black Gold 380R man I really need to swap out my notch quarter glass windows.. someone decided to etch snakes into them. I hate it with a passion.

Really? Etched snakes?? I swear, some people should not be allowed to own Mustangs.

I'm not sure what the fix is for the Notch backs. From my research Daniel Carpenter made the replacements for the Notch backs (i.e. coupes) and the build quality, when it comes to the studs, is no good.

LS WUT

Established Member
Really? Etched snakes?? I swear, some people should not be allowed to own Mustangs.

I'm not sure what the fix is for the Notch backs. From my research Daniel Carpenter made the replacements for the Notch backs (i.e. coupes) and the build quality, when it comes to the studs, is no good.

1704227183727.jpeg

If you zoom in you’ll see it.. I hate it lol.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn... I thought it was going to be a 1 or 2 inch etch next to the Mustang lettering. Not that huge thing. Holy crap. Yeah, I can see why you don't like it.
That's a lot of work you've done already. My 93 reef hatch quarter window molding is sticking out some from the body on the top. But I personally don't want to mess with it unless it's a original window with the "mustang" logo.

I just can't get myself to mess with a nearly stock original fox mustang.

But I'd like to repaint the convertible interior....

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
Damn... I thought it was going to be a 1 or 2 inch etch next to the Mustang lettering. Not that huge thing. Holy crap. Yeah, I can see why you don't like it.
It’s not a cobra, and I’m not one to pretend it’s something it’s not. Always hated that. I won’t say the kind of person who owned it before me all I’ll say is the tail lights were chrome, and it had 1 piece headlights. Lmfaooo

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member

Someone needs to get that guy a tissue! I wonder if the studs can be reinforced with epoxy or something else? The glass and finish of the product looks good.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Yes, they can be reinforced and then they are truly fine. Torque on them is light to begin with. I did mine as soon as they were delivered.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It’s not a cobra, and I’m not one to pretend it’s something it’s not. Always hated that. I won’t say the kind of person who owned it before me all I’ll say is the tail lights were chrome, and it had 1 piece headlights. Lmfaooo
After seeing the snakes, Dan, I totally get why you want them gone. Hopefully you'll find some proper replacement glass sooner than later. Awesome Notch!

LS WUT

Established Member
After seeing the snakes, Dan, I totally get why you want them gone. Hopefully you'll find some proper replacement glass sooner than later. Awesome Notch!
They’re horrible, I’m not entirely sure why someone would do such a thing. In the unlikely event Someone wants those bad boys I’ll be sure to send them to them for free haha. I’ll just need to get replacements first.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I bought a set. The studs are a total fail. The glass and the perimeter "rubber" - top notch.

Having a 93 notch myself and looking at the DC repops online - after seeing TIP’s video, what is the “fix” for the DC studs? Did you install your set, and if so, how did you do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

• 90lx