What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
She said "Mustangs", right?

Well, I have two fox bodies, neither are "Mustangs"
Lol. That's true, she said Mustangs. Problem is it has to be a Mustang for me.

Good thing she changed her mind and agreed to this purchase.

She said it's my early Christmas present, birthday present, anniversary present and any other present for the next few years lmao!

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Oh man that looks nice.
Thank you Triple-s! Yeah, it's really nice. They only mods I've seen are smog delete, suspension, exhaust, CAI and wheels.

Everything else looks fact tree lol. Oh the front lights were changed.

It has the stock heads, intake, injectors, pullies, etc. I'm VERY happy I found this one. I'm not a blue guy, but I love that color. It's called Medium Shadow Blue.

Hopefully everything is finished next week and I can give everyone the story, details, plans and more pictures.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That's still a deal I'd take.
Yes sir. I have no problem with that deal either Lol.

I can't wait to officially get it. I'm so looking forward to driving it. I was only able to drive it around the parking lot of the dealership due to liability purposes.

I was told every car they have is put on consignment by the owner. So, they don't allow test drives until you put down your deposit. Now, the salesman will take you for a ride around the parking lot so you can hear any rubbing, funny noises or feel vibrations and see what may not be working.

Everything on this car works. The A/C works and even the heater core is not bypassed. Even the heater core in my old 89GT was bypassed lmao.

I did notice the rear drivers tire rubs just a bit if you hit a bump hard enough. I can live with that.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Thanks Ray!

It's looking like it's going to happen. I paid my deposit and I'm waiting for my bank to fund the loan and overnight the check. The salesman was having problems instructing my bank on how to send a wire transfer. So, bank said they would just send a check lol. No problem for me. I'm not in a hurry.

I think my bank may have everything done by next week Monday (they should be processing today). So, hopefully next week all the funds will have been paid and I'll just need to schedule time to go and pick it up.

Sounds like a plan!

I remember when I sold my Kona Blue 5.0 to a guy in AZ. He had like $10k and got the rest in a loan from his bank and then the bank gave him the rest in a week and he sent me a full amount in a cashier's check in a FedEx overnight slip.

You'll be back in Fox very soon!

OX1

Established Member
Lol. That's true, she said Mustangs. Problem is it has to be a Mustang for me.

Good thing she changed her mind and agreed to this purchase.

She said it's my early Christmas present, birthday present, anniversary present and any other present for the next few years lmao!

Have always loved that blue. Is it the same paint code/color they had pre-87? I did not know they continued something close to the early 80's blue like that, on aero fox's. Always wanted an 86 GT vert in that blue.

1986-ford-mustang-gt-convertible

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I posted that on Oct 23rd. Almost a month to the day and I'll just leave these pictures here. I'll provide more information once all the details are worked out.

Holy shit... I can't believe this might be happening!!View attachment 1818331View attachment 1818332View attachment 1818333View attachment 1818334View attachment 1818335View attachment 1818336

Congratulations, Glenn. I missed this post from the previous page. It looks like it's in really excellent condition, and I love that Medium Shadow Blue paint. A lot!

Post some interior and engine bay pics when you take delivery.

I think this is the car you're buying, Glenn. It sold on BaT on December 26, 2022.

1989_ford_mustang_1989_ford_mustang_74b0ac96-b30b-4fa7-8603-2781b4d71a80-c8v4ts-35668-45695.jpg

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Congratulations, Glenn. I missed this post from the previous page. It looks like it's in really excellent condition, and I love that Medium Shadow Blue paint. A lot!

Post some interior and engine bay pics when you take delivery.

I think this is the car you're buying, Glenn. It sold on BaT on December 26, 2022.

1989_ford_mustang_1989_ford_mustang_74b0ac96-b30b-4fa7-8603-2781b4d71a80-c8v4ts-35668-45695.jpg
Holy crap Bob! That is the exact car. BAT lists it as sold, but the title still has Mr. Brobieri listed as the owner and it's still in AZ. So, I'm not sure what happened with the BAT deal.

I was going to give all the details once I took delivery of the car, but since this BAT situation seems odd I'll give a little background on my fiasco lol...

First off let me say I understand how loans work, but my bank lead me to believe I was approved for $26K. That was more than enough to buy this car.

So, I went back to the dealership the next day after my wife and I talked about this purchase. I signed all the paperwork and dropped a $1K nonrefundable deposit.

I call my bank and tell them the paperwork was signed and they need to coordinate with the dealership to wire the money.

The bank ask me for the VIN. I give it to them and they run it. Then they come back and tell me that vehicle is only worth $9K. That's about half of the price I agreed to.

So, then I get into it with the bank and they tell me I was approved "up" to $26K, but they will only loan what a vehicle is worth. I was like G DAMN IT! I know this, but it didn't register. I seen $26K and was like let's go.

Now, I'm wondering how the hell I'm going to come up with the other half. If I said screw it and backed out I would lose my $1K deposit. Wasn't willing to do that.

Wife and I talked. We made some financial moves and came up with the other half.

So, I have already paid $9K to the dealership including deposit. I'm waiting for my bank to finish processing my loan and send the dealership the balance.

Jesus Christ what a pain in the ass lol, but now you guys know why I didn't say it was a done deal when I first posted.

So, I was thinking maybe the guy who bought it on BAT didn't have the funds to complete the purchase. I dunno....

Here's a video of the car. It's a walk around from the current owner. It's a sweet car. Everything works. I can't wait to go pick it up.

It looks pretty much like it does in the video. It has newer headlights and a CAI now. It also has new long tubes and mufflers now as well.

LS WUT

Established Member
Holy crap Bob! That is the exact car. BAT lists it as sold, but the title still has Mr. Brobieri listed as the owner and it's still in AZ. So, I'm not sure what happened with the BAT deal.

I was going to give all the details once I took delivery of the car, but since this BAT situation seems odd I'll give a little background on my fiasco lol...

First off let me say I understand how loans work, but my bank lead me to believe I was approved for $26K. That was more than enough to buy this car.

So, I went back to the dealership the next day after my wife and I talked about this purchase. I signed all the paperwork and dropped a $1K nonrefundable deposit.

I call my bank and tell them the paperwork was signed and they need to coordinate with the dealership to wire the money.

The bank ask me for the VIN. I give it to them and they run it. Then they come back and tell me that vehicle is only worth $9K. That's about half of the price I agreed to.

So, then I get into it with the bank and they tell me I was approved "up" to $26K, but they will only loan what a vehicle is worth. I was like G DAMN IT! I know this, but it didn't register. I seen $26K and was like let's go.

Now, I'm wondering how the hell I'm going to come up with the other half. If I said screw it and backed out I would lose my $1K deposit. Wasn't willing to do that.

Wife and I talked. We made some financial moves and came up with the other half.

So, I have already paid $9K to the dealership including deposit. I'm waiting for my bank to finish processing my loan and send the dealership the balance.

Jesus Christ what a pain in the ass lol, but now you guys know why I didn't say it was a done deal when I first posted.

So, I was thinking maybe the guy who bought it on BAT didn't have the funds to complete the purchase. I dunno....

Here's a video of the car. It's a walk around from the current owner. It's a sweet car. Everything works. I can't wait to go pick it up.

It looks pretty much like it does in the video. It has newer headlights and a CAI now. It also has new long tubes and mufflers now as well.

Congratulations on the Foxbody buddy! I know you’ve wanted one for quite some time! She looks to be a clean one for sure. Sorry to hear about the headaches of financing it. Crazy how banks value it low, but insurance can value it higher. Always seems to be the opposite giving which side of the spectrum you’re on.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Congratulations on the Foxbody buddy! I know you’ve wanted one for quite some time! She looks to be a clean one for sure. Sorry to hear about the headaches of financing it. Crazy how banks value it low, but insurance can value it higher. Always seems to be the opposite giving which side of the spectrum you’re on.
Thanks brother! Yeah, I was all excited thinking it was going to be a smooth transaction. But when the bank hit me with the loan value my heart sunk. I was like WTF do I do now? ALL the wind was sucked out of my sails. Lmao...

Good thing I had some things I could do to come up with the balance.

As mentioned, I get it, but if the bank says I'm good for $26K what does it matter what I'm buying or how much I spend? Lmao...

Oh well, you know what they say... Nothing good comes easy....

triple-s

Established Member
Thanks brother! Yeah, I was all excited thinking it was going to be a smooth transaction. But when the bank hit me with the loan value my heart sunk. I was like WTF do I do now? ALL the wind was sucked out of my sails. Lmao...

Good thing I had some things I could do to come up with the balance.

As mentioned, I get it, but if the bank says I'm good for $26K what does it matter what I'm buying or how much I spend? Lmao...

Oh well, you know what they say... Nothing good comes easy....

At the end of the day it worked out sure it was kinda bitch but dude all that will go away once you get in and take your first cruise with your wife make it a long one and take all the curvy roads that's what I do. Enjoy the car my friend.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, Glenn, maybe there was an issue with that BaT sale but the site still says it sold. Fortunately you got the financial issues resolved so that you can proceed. She's a beauty so all of the snags on the purchase will soon be a fading memory. (y)

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
At the end of the day it worked out sure it was kinda bitch but dude all that will go away once you get in and take your first cruise with your wife make it a long one and take all the curvy roads that's what I do. Enjoy the car my friend.
Yeah, I agree with you. When I sat in at the dealership all the fond memories of my old one came back. I was like a big kid lmao.

Oh yes, I plan on driving this one and enjoying the hell out of it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
89 is such a nice sweet spot, MAF (some will cling to speed density being "better", but...) and no airbag. The steering wheel to me is sooooo much better than the airbag.

Congrats!
I agree with you 1000%. I had an 89 and was hoping I could land another 89.

I always heard MAF was better and I love the steering wheel on the 89 WAY better than the airbag wheel.

I actually thought that if I found a 90 or newer I would remove the airbag wheel and install an 89 steering wheel lol...

Good thing I don't have to worry about that now .

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yeah, Glenn, maybe there was an issue with that BaT sale but the site still says it sold. Fortunately you got the financial issues resolved so that you can proceed. She's a beauty so all of the snags on the purchase will soon be a fading memory. (y)
Thank you Bob! She looks great in pictures but even better in person.

I don't know what happened on BAT. However, I asked the dealership if they can make an inquiry with the owner. If that fails I'm going to ask the dealership to provide my contact information to the owner and see if he will contact me directly so I can "ask" about the car. If he contacts me I'll ask him directly about the BAT situation.

Users who are viewing this thread