What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Each time you do paint correction, Brady, you hone your skills.
I really like doing this stuff. It's self rewarding seeing the finished work.

Trying different products is fun. If something isn't working, try a different approach. I have a feeling my detailing arsenal will be getting bigger. Might need to start adding more cabinets, and a tall locker style cabinet.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Took 6 months from the Ford store, but worth the wait. Now I need to find a frame.
5c807e9f9aa7d440decfa9817f4a595c.jpg
e663ce96dfe3bc2da22ad1eded8a849d.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It's pretty been at least 1 1/2 years since the strut tower brace has been on. Always working on it...

Just put it back on, hopefully I didn't jinx myself.
55d751cd0cddebae42e168d2648ca344.jpg

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Same data source, obviously. I cant remember what car I got one for. Nice to have, but definitely not "original".

I know, but i'm wondering if one is more "complete" than the other. Correct fonts? That sort of thing.

Marti is $60, and the Fordshowparts one is $80. If they are the same, the Marti one makes the most sense to get

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Ill try to make a point to take a look, I have an 88 original sticker to compare to. Wont be able to compare the show parts to the Marti (obviously)

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Finished swapping out the flowmaster cat-back for a set of Borla Pro XS mufflers. Backed it out and let the neighborhood know of my success.

Took some decibel readings before and after. The Borla's quieted the car down 2-4db at idle, but just as loud at WOT. This is perfect for me as i was looking for an exhaust system a bit more "mature". They eliminated/reduced the drone as well. Now i can do some cruising and be able to hear myself think, but still have it sound badass when i get on it!

I need to swap the junk SN95 seat out and put the Recaro in. I swap seats in the off-season so avoid getting them dirty or damaging them if i forget a tool in my back pocket.

download (5).jpg

triple-s

Established Member
I'm stuck trying to figure out why my car is cutting out at 3k rpm. When's is cool drives just fine but once it gets hot it's like hitting a rev limiter. I think it's the TFI getting hot so I'm going to try the fatt Foxx relocation kit the current tfi is only about a year old as the other already gave out completely.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
When mine had a similar issue (cutting out over 3K RPM), it ended up being my brand new Accell coil. Pulled my hair out trying to chase it down for months.

Users who are viewing this thread