What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
LoL.

Yeah I'm boxing them up. I have the original ones off my 93 as well. I believe those are in better condition.

What are they even worth?

Some guy on Facebook wanted to buy my stock plug wires off my 93. I think he was willing to pay 250.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Not sure, I would need to ask a friend with regard to current value. It's one of the 1st things I look for in a Fox engine bay. Next is plug wires (as you also mentioned)

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I sold someone my original coolant hose, complete with stapled on original style clamps for $100 after posting a pic of it on another forum.

Crazy what folks want these days

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Interest in a car being MCA judged will cause some people to pay some big numbers for things that were just thrown away, a consumable..... Priced a white sided Motorcraft battery (if you could even find one for sale....)?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I sold someone my original coolant hose, complete with stapled on original style clamps for $100 after posting a pic of it on another forum.

Crazy what folks want these days
Nice .

I had my upper and lower radiator hoses replaced on my 93 reef and kept them. Stored away in a box.

I thought about doing the same with my plug wires.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
My survivor 206K mile 92 coupe that I bought a few years ago still had the original date coded spark plug wires, oem motorcraft battery cables, air silencer, dated IAC valve, original hoses, radiator, h-pipe, headers, stainless steel exhaust pipes, shocks, struts, shifter, etc. It was amazing how original the car was, and it still ran really good.

I slowly went through the car and changed all the fluids and filters and gave it a tune up. I replaced the date coded wires with generic motorcraft gray ones from LMR. The date codes wires cleaned up in the kitchen sink with dawn and a microfiber rag and they look brand new. They are in a box in storage. People are asking crazy money for these things. All the hoses were changed out with motorcraft and I had a local radiator shop recore the OEM radiator after it sprung a leak. I also changed the coil and TFI module with OEM motorcraft.

At this point, having a survivor is just as cool as a nicely modified car. The car runs great and puts a big smile on my face every time I drive it. The only think I'm going to do down the road is rebuild the rear and add 3.73 gears and freshen up the top end. Ported E7s and ported stock lower intake manifold just to keep things original but still fun to drive.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
When i purchased my car, 25 years ago, it was a bone stock AOD car with 45K miles owned by a woman in her 60's. Of course, back then these things were relatively common and easy to find. I paid an inflation adjusted $8300 for it. Bone stock with air silencer and dated spark plug wires.

Over the course of 25 years it's been modified extensively. It could never go back to stock, so that ship has sailed. So i try to modify it in a theme of being potentially factory" in terms of mods looking factory OEM.

Now, if i could go back in time when i bought my car, i would leave it 100% bone stock and just use replacement NOS parts if i could find them and try to keep it a survivor. I'd make a few subtle, easily reversible mods though, like 17" pony wheels, and swap out the base model LX seats that came on 87-88 LX 5.0's to a set of the GT style 87-89 sport seats. Other than that i'd leave it as is and enjoy driving a survivor. In fact, i think it would be fun finding a very lightly modded car and reverting it back to OE correct.

I think i still have my dated plug wires somewhere, and my air silencer is hanging on the wall in my garage. I'll never put them back on, but it's cool to hang onto those sorts of trinkets. I even still have my factory HO intake although it's been polished. WOuld be cool to powdercoat it back to stock color, clean up the HO intake plate and hang that on the wall.

LS WUT

Established Member
So I’ve been having my buddy take care of my coupe. I pay the insurance and such, I pay for the maintenance. All I ask is he take care of it while I’m in transition with houses and such. Just got some new oil, filter, and such for her. This Wednesday after I get back in town I’ll be swapping fluids, and replacing the door handles. Apparently after 34 years her handle just let go. Bought 2 replacement handles. Never done those before, hoping it’s not horrible. @Bdubbs

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So I’ve been having my buddy take care of my coupe. I pay the insurance and such, I pay for the maintenance. All I ask is he take care of it while I’m in transition with houses and such. Just got some new oil, filter, and such for her. This Wednesday after I get back in town I’ll be swapping fluids, and replacing the door handles. Apparently after 34 years her handle just let go. Bought 2 replacement handles. Never done those before, hoping it’s not horrible. @Bdubbs
Man,

I think I did some like 20+ years ago. The drivers side one on my notch is getting harder to open. Feels like it's going to break.

On a side note, have you guys seen the new lmr shaved door handles? They look out of place to me. But many people on Facebook are raving about them. Might look better if paint matched.

LS WUT

Established Member
Man,

I think I did some like 20+ years ago. The drivers side one on my notch is getting harder to open. Feels like it's going to break.

On a side note, have you guys seen the new lmr shaved door handles? They look out of place to me. But many people on Facebook are raving about them. Might look better if paint matched.

No sir I haven’t, I ordered some new ones from CJ Pony Parts.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It's crazy how easy some paint scratches. I must of had something on the 90 trunk and tried getting it off. This was some time ago.

Just fixed it.

52d90f719ae598a97570aba181402e70.jpg
1224ee91b9fae4bb3d6961c0b1487ced.jpg

OX1

Established Member
Nice .

I had my upper and lower radiator hoses replaced on my 93 reef and kept them. Stored away in a box.

I thought about doing the same with my plug wires.

Gees, I have top dig through my Fox parts bins and see if I have any of that original stuff.

OX1

Established Member

Both my LTD and Capri are/were riveted on. The LTD we did all new doors, so I just bolted the door handles back on with SS Philips head, 1/4" (IIRC) screws and SS locknuts inside.

Drilling the rivets out without hurting anything else, was not that bad from what I remember. Just need someone to hold handle up while you drill (except in your case, if handle already fell off:))

LS WUT

Established Member
Both my LTD and Capri are/were riveted on. The LTD we did all new doors, so I just bolted the door handles back on with SS Philips head, 1/4" (IIRC) screws and SS locknuts inside.

Drilling the rivets out without hurting anything else, was not that bad from what I remember. Just need someone to hold handle up while you drill (except in your case, if handle already fell off:))
I’m unsure if it fell off for sure, I haven’t seen it yet. I’ll be seeing it today I think. I’ll let you guys know haha.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully meeting up with a gentleman to buy these tomorrow morning. They came out of his 87-88 GT and had them reupholstered with TMI skin and looks like cobra foam?

Basically new, he had to use recardos for his autocross I think.

He won't take anything less than 800 dollars. So hopefully they are worth it. I just don't like how the terminator seats sit in my notch. They sit taller and just seem to bulky in there.

Not sure how it will look, but I can slowly change some of the interior over to match if I need to.

Now I'll have an extra set of cobra seats, but may try to sell them locally.
ee80e9997444c0a8c0993af6d4ebc2fc.jpg
88ecc64e4d047e1df2662856ed0efed4.jpg
863211124e3a761aa5dc5bcc94772774.jpg
14f4708737c99a3f8eecfec8e98743c8.jpg
7aab7b1158ef9ec9ed07c91eb8e08e94.jpg

LS WUT

Established Member
That’s awesome Brady! Those looks bad ass! I need a nice clean set of cobra seats, and I’ll throw my cobra seats from my black one into the foxbody.

OX1

Established Member
Hopefully meeting up with a gentleman to buy these tomorrow morning. They came out of his 87-88 GT and had them reupholstered with TMI skin and looks like cobra foam?

Basically new, he had to use recardos for his autocross I think.

He won't take anything less than 800 dollars. So hopefully they are worth it. I just don't like how the terminator seats sit in my notch. They sit taller and just seem to bulky in there.

Not sure how it will look, but I can slowly change some of the interior over to match if I need to.

Now I'll have an extra set of cobra seats, but may try to sell them locally.
ee80e9997444c0a8c0993af6d4ebc2fc.jpg
88ecc64e4d047e1df2662856ed0efed4.jpg
863211124e3a761aa5dc5bcc94772774.jpg
14f4708737c99a3f8eecfec8e98743c8.jpg
7aab7b1158ef9ec9ed07c91eb8e08e94.jpg

NICE!!! Those look great!!! TMI makes some quality stuff.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s awesome Brady! Those looks bad ass! I need a nice clean set of cobra seats, and I’ll throw my cobra seats from my black one into the foxbody.
I currently have the cobra seats in the fox. These are replacing those.

Just got back totally stoked about these!

@QX1 yeah I'll have to price these out. The foam and skins are new. Definitely firm, will take some break in time.
4cb738d1a9173f88096b94fb289bb831.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread