What did you do for your Terminator today?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That wasn’t my car Bob. Just a bad a$$ cobra I saw at MustangWeek years ago. It was a metallic comp O, not stock at all. Every panel was customized somehow.

**stole some images from last owners IG***

If you look closely, you can see the side scoops were smoothed into the body, no lines.

View attachment 1837622

Custom raised rear wing.

View attachment 1837623

And when it was totaled out.

View attachment 1837624
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I thought it was yours. Thanks also for the additional photos. The owner did a great job with the mods. Beautiful Cobra!

stangfreak

Established Member
I was considering looking for a sonic blue roller in the future and building a teksid block over time and giving my ZY to my son because he’s 9 and he’s getting into the Motorsport now. But maybe getting a new edge and coyote swapping it as a project in the future is the way. I always wanted sonic blue, but then again I always wanted a 13/14 GT500 also lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Passing down the car to your son is amazing. Hell yea. well at least we now know what we can do. Going to get interesting! I almost sold my cobra when the 2013 GT500 came out. Once I saw 5.8 I was like oh shit lol

blwn89gt

Established Member
Passing down the car to your son is amazing. Hell yea. well at least we now know what we can do. Going to get interesting! I almost sold my cobra when the 2013 GT500 came out. Once I saw 5.8 I was like oh shit lol

Yeah he loves it and my little girl loves it too so I’m in trouble lmao. I’d love to have a 13/14 still but I can’t believe how much they are going for still.

stangfreak

Established Member
Yeah he loves it and my little girl loves it too so I’m in trouble lmao. I’d love to have a 13/14 still but I can’t believe how much they are going for still.

oh boy you might have to get two mustangs haha. Yea they cost a pretty penny. Once I finish my cobra which will be soon, then I am going to start really looking to what I want to do next.

gotjack

Established Member
IMG_4350.JPG
IMG_4354.JPG
IMG_4351.JPG

blwn89gt

Established Member
Installed a new ford battery tray today and continued adding new stainless steel ARP 8 point hardware throughout the engine bay. Wound up ditching the billet canton expansion tank cap I had since the paint started coming off and I tried to refinish it and it came out like crap. I got my eye on the black one the harpell makes to go into the stock cap but it’s out of stock. Next up is doing the new C&C plates and aligning the car and selling the ones on the car now.

IMG_3983.JPG
IMG_3984.JPG

blwn89gt

Established Member
Installed a new ford battery tray today and continued adding new stainless steel ARP 8 point hardware throughout the engine bay. Wound up ditching the billet canton expansion tank cap I had since the paint started coming off and I tried to refinish it and it came out like crap. I got my eye on the black one the harpell makes to go into the stock cap but it’s out of stock. Next up is doing the new C&C plates and aligning the car and selling the ones on the car now. Also forgot to mention I picked up leather dye from seat doctors and did the driver side seat bolster. Came out TITS. I forgot to take a before pic but I’m very happy.
IMG_3986.JPG

View attachment 1837756View attachment 1837757

stangfreak

Established Member
Installed a new ford battery tray today and continued adding new stainless steel ARP 8 point hardware throughout the engine bay. Wound up ditching the billet canton expansion tank cap I had since the paint started coming off and I tried to refinish it and it came out like crap. I got my eye on the black one the harpell makes to go into the stock cap but it’s out of stock. Next up is doing the new C&C plates and aligning the car and selling the ones on the car now.

View attachment 1837756View attachment 1837757

looking good brother! I am getting my covers powder coated black as well

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Finally yanked the cover off and got her ready for the season. Maybe she’ll see more than 130 miles this year. Collector plate doesn’t clash quite as badly as I expected so that’s a plus.

Attachments

• IMG_4671.jpeg
    IMG_4671.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4672.jpeg
    IMG_4672.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4673.jpeg
    IMG_4673.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 68

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Took the cobra out for an afternoon drive. Turned out to be a really nice day on the island. I was on the highway and noticed this bmw coming up pretty quick. I had my windows down and look over, all of a sudden this chic in the passenger seat yells out, is that a real terminator? Im like holy shit how did she know? I said yea it is. Then see her man driving, he gives me the thumbs up and says thats a sick car. Then he just speeds up and goes. 20 something years later this car still draws attention. I guess her man knew the car thats how she knew.
Man I feel the same way. I finished getting mine ready yesterday and ran to fill it up with fresh juice. Pulled up to the pumps and this 12-13 year old kid jumps out of the SUV in front of the store and just stares. I ran in for some beverages, got back in the car, and now he's got his phone out waiting for me to drive by him. I thought the same thing as you: "How does this little booger eater know what the car is?" lol

Then I caught a thumbs up from a 5th gen ZL1 right after.

In my experience, there's just something different about driving the Cobra. Yeah, my Z06 is "better" in most ways and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't like a C6Z. But driving the Cobra puts a smile on my face and, for some reason, gets far more accolades and attention which continues to boggle my mind. It might be because the Cobra has a special place in my heart and the driving it is more of an event whereas the Vette is almost easy, ho-hum. At least until the long tubes and cam go on. haha

stangfreak

Established Member
Man I feel the same way. I finished getting mine ready yesterday and ran to fill it up with fresh juice. Pulled up to the pumps and this 12-13 year old kid jumps out of the SUV in front of the store and just stares. I ran in for some beverages, got back in the car, and now he's got his phone out waiting for me to drive by him. I thought the same thing as you: "How does this little booger eater know what the car is?" lol

Then I caught a thumbs up from a 5th gen ZL1 right after.

In my experience, there's just something different about driving the Cobra. Yeah, my Z06 is "better" in most ways and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't like a C6Z. But driving the Cobra puts a smile on my face and, for some reason, gets far more accolades and attention which continues to boggle my mind. It might be because the Cobra has a special place in my heart and the driving it is more of an event whereas the Vette is almost easy, ho-hum. At least until the long tubes and cam go on. haha
Hell yea man. You nailed it when you said there is something different when you drive a terminator. Yea its not a luxury car, its not a lambo or a vette. But you just get this feeling when driving it. And the looks I get when driving it is craz. 20 something years later.

Listen to this story. Back in 2010, I was meeting my cousins and brother at this fancy restaurant here on long island. Not my scene but, its a very very upscale center, called the miracle mile. Millionaires playground. lambos ferraris, bugattis you name it, its there. They even hold an annual even called Americana concours.

so its 9PM at night, im in my cobra, trying to find a spot and this dude just walks right in front of my car. shirt all messed up, hair ****ed up. Im like wtf is this. Guy goes, is this a cobra? I had my windows down. Im like um yea. He goes Iv seen this car before. I always wanted one. Im like ok great. He said to me, do you want to sell it? I said sir, I am meeting my family here and need to go, its getting late. Dude says no I will buy it from you. He goes, do you see that ferrari there? Thats my car. I will get my check book and make an offer. I said YEA RIGHT. BRO, the GUY GOES TO THE FERRARI AND IT WAS HIS lmao. He gets his check book and literally asked me how much I would sell the car for. I kid you not I could have got 40K that night if I asked. lol. I didnt believe him. But the dude was legit. His car, had money and wanted to buy a freakin 03 cobra lol

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I did some spring cleaning on the Cobra, re-polished my exhaust, wet sand and polish, replaced my fog lights they were horribly pitted from our crappy roads, and switched to my dancing shoes while my CCWs get a professional polishing.

Attachments

• 20240413_162056.jpg
    20240413_162056.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20240413_161542.jpg
    20240413_161542.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240328_175710.jpg
    20240328_175710.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20240406_181537.jpg
    20240406_181537.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 47

gotjack

Established Member
I did some spring cleaning on the Cobra, re-polished my exhaust, wet sand and polish, replaced my fog lights they were horribly pitted from our crappy roads, and switched to my dancing shoes while my CCWs get a professional polishing.

You took them off and polished them? Or while they were still on the car ?

Users who are viewing this thread