What did you do for your Terminator today?

stangfreak

Established Member
exactly. when you go plug in for inspection, The MS3 wont have the vin of the car. I wish there was a way to have two ecu so to say. Use the stocker just to plug in and pass emissions without having to swap.

DCguy

Established Member
I've got around 20k on my RXT. No complaints.

The question is not whether the RXT is a good clutch. Without a doubt its one of the best out there.

But it is problematic when going with a Magnum as you need to clearance the fork and trans quite substantially in order to have the proper travel in the clutch fork. The DYAD has none of these issues. Its plug and play.....you don't even need an aftermarket pivot ball.

There is an RXT that is meant to work with Magnums but not sure of the part number.....believe its the RXT thats designed for the Magnum XL trans....it supposedly has a shorter stack height, but not sure.

The other clutch that works well with Magnum without any modificaiton is the Mantic but that one is mega expensive. I might try it next.....the smaller circumference is really intriguing as it should theoretically allow the engine to rev up/down much easier.

01yellercobra

Established Member
exactly. when you go plug in for inspection, The MS3 wont have the vin of the car. I wish there was a way to have two ecu so to say. Use the stocker just to plug in and pass emissions without having to swap.
OBD port isn't even active with the MS3. You can't scan the ABS module if you have a code. FYI for those wondering.

There's a company called Boomslang that makes harnesses to run stock ECU's in parallel with stand alones. I don't know if the ODB port stays active with that set up. And I don't know if the stock ECU would get the proper info to get set the monitors. But it might be worth looking into.

Edit: FWIW, I could swap my ECU's in about an hour. That included getting under the car and swapping the O2 sensors and taking my time doing it.

Last edited:

kreymis

Established Member
A couple more years and our cars will be old enough to not need the plug in emissions test in NY. Over 25 or under 2 years do not require emissions testing here.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have a DYAD or RXT, but I get an occasional chirp leaving in first too. Mine's just the final chattering clutch grab barking the tires thanks to the Spec 3+ and billet flywheel. lol
I wonder if mine is the pp and tob contacting making the noise when releasing the clutch.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

1FastFord

Established Member
A couple more years and our cars will be old enough to not need the plug in emissions test in NY. Over 25 or under 2 years do not require emissions testing here.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
yeah, still 5 yrs for me

01yellercobra

Established Member
The question is not whether the RXT is a good clutch. Without a doubt its one of the best out there.

But it is problematic when going with a Magnum as you need to clearance the fork and trans quite substantially in order to have the proper travel in the clutch fork. The DYAD has none of these issues. Its plug and play.....you don't even need an aftermarket pivot ball.

There is an RXT that is meant to work with Magnums but not sure of the part number.....believe its the RXT thats designed for the Magnum XL trans....it supposedly has a shorter stack height, but not sure.

The other clutch that works well with Magnum without any modificaiton is the Mantic but that one is mega expensive. I might try it next.....the smaller circumference is really intriguing as it should theoretically allow the engine to rev up/down much easier.
Some were mentioning driving issues as well. That's why I posted that.

The Mantic seems like a nice set up. I don't know anyone that's using one though. The price point hurts too much for most.

nexxone_05

Accelerated Machines
Established Member
The strangest thing happened yesterday leaving the gym. The car bogged out shifting from third to forth. I was about 3/4's throttle in, not sure how much boost, but I could hear some whine. It's the first time the car has done it. Haven't been able to replicate it. 11k miles, only mod is a pulley. Going to change the spark plugs, need recommendations please.

stangfreak

Established Member
OBD port isn't even active with the MS3. You can't scan the ABS module if you have a code. FYI for those wondering.

There's a company called Boomslang that makes harnesses to run stock ECU's in parallel with stand alones. I don't know if the ODB port stays active with that set up. And I don't know if the stock ECU would get the proper info to get set the monitors. But it might be worth looking into.
Boomslang. Hmmm I am going to do some research

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running id1000's with base pressure at 45 psi. Not sure on my HP. Many of you are quite higher than me.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
The strangest thing happened yesterday leaving the gym. The car bogged out shifting from third to forth. I was about 3/4's throttle in, not sure how much boost, but I could hear some whine. It's the first time the car has done it. Haven't been able to replicate it. 11k miles, only mod is a pulley. Going to change the spark plugs, need recommendations please.
I'd log the fuel pressure duty cycle and voltage. I'd guess one of them is dropping. New plugs never hurts though.

stangfreak

Established Member
I know they make/made one for the Cobras to use Haltech. I don't think they had Holley or MS3 on there. But that's how my son's GS300 is set up. It's a big harness just FYI.
Guy just got back to me and said they do not offer anything for my application.

Users who are viewing this thread