What did you do for your Terminator today?

LS WUT

Established Member
not something i did to it but i was real proud of the old girl today, an impromtu street encounter with a new(?) scatpack challenger. was dead even neck and neck from like 30 to the middle of 4th gear. i thought it did real good for its age and mileage.
Goodjob brother, sounds like a fun time.

LS WUT

Established Member
Took the white coupe for another cruise today, trying to clear out the last little bit of gas I have left before I fill her back up with stabilizer and fresh 93. Gonna be a real sad day when this old girl goes to her new home.
IMG_2677.jpeg
IMG_2678.jpeg

Last edited:

Venom351R

Established Member
Been buying a some stuff for the Cobra. New hood struts because the ones on it do not hold the hood up well and new spark plugs ( both from LMR ) for the pending re dyno tune hopefully next month. Also picked up a new gates green belt at O'Reilly's and also a new filter from wally world and some Mobil 1 from sams club because $43 for 6 quarts.
Weather is improving here and if we get some decent rain this coming week to wash the roads off I may actually be able to take it out and drive it next weekend. Might be warm enough today to set up the quick jacks in the garage that I've had over a month but its been too cold to want to be out there doing anything garage related. Still lots of little things to do other than the oil change like steam cleaning the engine and doing a really good interior cleaning. Once it hits the next level of warming up I'll get it out of the garage and strip wash it, claybar, paint correct and apply some ceramic coating, I have a new bottle of that on the way as well. Also need to pull the wheels off to give them a really good cleaning and take the rear drivers to get rebalanced as the stick on weights came off it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Been buying a some stuff for the Cobra. New hood struts because the ones on it do not hold the hood up well and new spark plugs ( both from LMR ) for the pending re dyno tune hopefully next month. Also picked up a new gates green belt at O'Reilly's and also a new filter from wally world and some Mobil 1 from sams club because $43 for 6 quarts.
Weather is improving here and if we get some decent rain this coming week to wash the roads off I may actually be able to take it out and drive it next weekend. Might be warm enough today to set up the quick jacks in the garage that I've had over a month but its been too cold to want to be out there doing anything garage related. Still lots of little things to do other than the oil change like steam cleaning the engine and doing a really good interior cleaning. Once it hits the next level of warming up I'll get it out of the garage and strip wash it, claybar, paint correct and apply some ceramic coating, I have a new bottle of that on the way as well. Also need to pull the wheels off to give them a really good cleaning and take the rear drivers to get rebalanced as the stick on weights came off it.
Can you post a photo or two after your paint correction? Maybe a photo of her as she sits now, as well?

Venom351R

Established Member
Can you post a photo or two after your paint correction? Maybe a photo of her as she sits now, as well?

Yeah I'll definitely do that. Might get started on that process next week and weekend. Here are a few photo's from when I did my GT350 when I had it and my Mom's BMW Z3. The Z3 was not ceramic coated the GT350 was. I'm definitely not a professional more or less self taught as I first learned on a rotary doing boats.

I was told my Cobra was ceramic coated but I believe it has reach the end of its effectiveness and either way whether it was or not they did not paint correct it first as there is a lot of swirl marks in the paint. Who the F ceramic coats a vehicle without paint correcting it first.
427673679_382265961420938_5997485181535594820_n.jpg
426984886_685646693521465_9023290475376441627_n.jpg
429454290_947447333767187_1210420523899746155_n.jpg
423147423_1743353186147217_485905792725745418_n.jpg
429041623_611279054506415_3418913430616382990_n.jpg
428833755_897100782203333_7457541177073873881_n.jpg

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
Wasn’t planning on doing headers but it’s hard keeping up with the CoBros LOL.

Grabbed some long-tube ARH 1-3/4” with a 3” X pipe. Should sound pretty nasty with the Borla Stinger CB that I already have on. Will also be piecing together a full Fore return fuel system this season. Until then, will keep collecting more parts…..

Attachments

• IMG_4745.jpeg
    IMG_4745.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4746.jpeg
    IMG_4746.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Wasn’t planning on doing headers but it’s hard keeping up with the CoBros LOL.

Grabbed some long-tube ARH 1-3/4” with a 3” X pipe. Should sound pretty nasty with the Borla Stinger CB that I already have on. Will also be piecing together a full Fore return fuel system this season. Until then, will keep collecting more parts…..
You going catted or non on your Xpipe??? I dont have Long Tubes but I know anything louder than my Mid Lengths with a catted X and Stingers would be too much.

LS WUT

Established Member
You going catted or non on your Xpipe??? I dont have Long Tubes but I know anything louder than my Mid Lengths with a catted X and Stingers would be too much.
Ironically I did a side by side. My Bassani x pipe, and magnaflow exhaust seems to be louder than my Borla Stingers and Bassani x pipe

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
Will be no cats.

Currently running an off road Bassani X with Stingers and it’s loud. I don’t drive my car enough for it to bother me.

Not sure why the pictures didn’t show up.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Will be no cats.

Currently running an off road Bassani X with Stingers and it’s loud. I don’t drive my car enough for it to bother me.

Not sure why the pictures didn’t show up.
I’m on longtubes, free flowing x, and SLP LM1s…it’s loud AF. The Borla stingers will sound amazing. I’m in an obnoxious mood so the LM1s are staying…

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah I'll definitely do that. Might get started on that process next week and weekend. Here are a few photo's from when I did my GT350 when I had it and my Mom's BMW Z3. The Z3 was not ceramic coated the GT350 was. I'm definitely not a professional more or less self taught as I first learned on a rotary doing boats.

I was told my Cobra was ceramic coated but I believe it has reach the end of its effectiveness and either way whether it was or not they did not paint correct it first as there is a lot of swirl marks in the paint. Who the F ceramic coats a vehicle without paint correcting it first. View attachment 1829774View attachment 1829775View attachment 1829776View attachment 1829777View attachment 1829778View attachment 1829779
VERY nice paint correction work. Talk about a mirror finish! (y)(y)

Venom351R

Established Member
VERY nice paint correction work. Talk about a mirror finish! (y)(y)

Thanks! It's not as hard as what people think it is. When using a DA you literally would have to be brain dead to do any harm to the clear coat. A rotary is different. Like I said I'm not a pro just watched some video's and figured it out. Would a professional shop get it to look even better, most likely but when I can get it to look like that ( especially black ) why would I pay over 1K for a paint correction and ceramic coating when I can do it at home in my garage for nothing but my time and supplies invested.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Minnesota has had one of the mildest winters in history. I even went golfing outside this month!

Should hit close to 50 degrees this weekend and 62* on Monday!

I'm hoping for a early spring. I'll be driving the cobra the most initially because this is the first winter I've stored it with E85. I want to go through that tank fairly quick.
fcbd89ce38a1120df7d401461b8d5623.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread