What did you do for your Terminator today?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Oh that's cool. Maybe I will look into a stand alone at some point. I don't like all the emissions garbage on the car, all it seems to do is cause more problems.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I never had problems with the emission stuff on my car. I actually tried to keep it on when I first built this set up. But I was over having to do the work arounds to get the stock ECU to work. I've been really happy with the stand alone set up. I'm actually getting ready to swap my grandma's 57 t-bird to a stand alone. It has a full 5.0 (pushrod) swap.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
IMG_5271.jpeg
IMG_5272.jpeg
flushed the brake fluid after wrapping up the brembo install. I’m going to say this fluid is original from form 2003 lol!

Side note, the power bleeder is amazing. Flushed everything in 15-20 mins.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I never had problems with the emission stuff on my car. I actually tried to keep it on when I first built this set up. But I was over having to do the work arounds to get the stock ECU to work. I've been really happy with the stand alone set up. I'm actually getting ready to swap my grandma's 57 t-bird to a stand alone. It has a full 5.0 (pushrod) swap.
My main issue is no cats pop up a CEL every once in a while.

Bullitt1448

Established Member

gotjack

Established Member

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I was told tunes can get rid of that. I wanted that to be turned off, and traction control to always be off. Becauseracecar worst case I’ll just pull the damn bulb lol. I hate dash lights
I've heard it's hard to get tuners to disable rear O2s these days. I feel like the rear O2s reading bad might be negatively effecting the cars performance, I do have a wideband now though, maybe I'll setup and just see what it reads.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I've heard it's hard to get tuners to disable rear O2s these days. I feel like the rear O2s reading bad might be negatively effecting the cars performance, I do have a wideband now though, maybe I'll setup and just see what it reads.

If you to turn them off yourself using the stock computer, you can look into Binary Editor. I chose too buy the complete software from the Core Tuning guys. I chose to spend about $800 plus my dyno tuning fee so I could have full access to the tune and turn off what I wanted. I also want to learn the tuning side of it. That’s close to an MS3 pro but I didn’t want to go stand alone at the time.

If you aren’t willing to spend money I don’t think you’ll be able to turn them off unless your tuner wants to take some risks. I’m pretty sure SCT won’t even allow anyone anymore to turn them off but I could be wrong there. Tuners will know more. My tuner would not turn them off himself. I had to do it in my own tune, on my own time. Again, which is why I spent money on the Core Tuning package.

On my 2001 GT, non-foulers worked great. Never threw a CEL. Get those and see what happens. I heard it was hit or miss whether they will worked or not especially on the 02-04s, but they worked on my 2001.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was told tunes can get rid of that. I wanted that to be turned off, and traction control to always be off. Becauseracecar worst case I’ll just pull the damn bulb lol. I hate dash lights
Tuners can turn them off if they're willing. I haven't worked with a tuner in a long time so I don't know what they're willing to do anymore.

The rear O2's have nothing to do with performance. They're just there to make sure the cats work. The code won't negatively affect how the car runs.

03' White Snake

Established Member

Get O2 spacers and install them on the rear O2’s. They are literally $20 online and will keep your check engine light off. You can also buy MIL eliminators for more money that do the same thing by plugging into the electrical side of the O2’s. They used to be $50, I don’t know how much they are going for now.

SCT did remove some tuning parameters from tuners, but some still have full capabilities. My tuner has my EGR etc. all off in my tune.

LS WUT

Established Member
Get O2 spacers and install them on the rear O2’s. They are literally $20 online and will keep your check engine light off. You can also buy MIL eliminators for more money that do the same thing by plugging into the electrical side of the O2’s. They used to be $50, I don’t know how much they are going for now.

SCT did remove some tuning parameters from tuners, but some still have full capabilities. My tuner has my EGR etc. all off in my tune.
Can you show a link to which O2 sensors to use? I bought some MIL eliminators and my check engine light came back on. I figure I’ll get the spacers this time and check it out. From what I was told he couldn’t turn them off due to SCT removing his ability to.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Can you show a link to which O2 sensors to use? I bought some MIL eliminators and my check engine light came back on. I figure I’ll get the spacers this time and check it out. From what I was told he couldn’t turn them off due to SCT removing his ability to.
I only use Ford O2’s. I order them from www.rockauto.com. I’ve tried Bosch and a few others over the years and these cars do not like them for some reason. Light always comes back on. Never had any issues with the Ford ones.

Yea SCT did remove the feature for some, some tuners can still turn them off, but won’t publicly announce it.

Users who are viewing this thread