What did you do for your Terminator today?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Sounds awesome KLLR. Now I need to go research the cost of this possible venture LOL.

Okay, that didn't take long:

- Port Eaton (Stieg stage 7): $700
- METCO 2.8 upper: $130
- METCO 4lb Lower: $430
- Ford Racing 60lb: $335
- Diablo MAFia: $226
- KB Boost-A-Pump: $280

- Grand Total: $2,101.......

Remote tune: ????
Should I go with 60 or 80lb injectors?

Anyone know what this combination might produce HP wise????
For that price, buy a used 2.3 whipple and be at 600.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^ Hey Nate, I did a quick search and I have not found any ported Eatons, nor have I found any 2.3 Whipples. Only thing I found in the market is a 3.4 Whipple and that's too much for my set up. eBay has new 2.3's for 3600 :(...

Besides, even if I find a 2.3 I'll still need the other stuff (i.e. MAF, BAP and injectors). So, it will probably be more than 2K, but I'll have 600HP instead of 500 LOL. Decisions....Decisions.....

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
^^^ Hey Nate, I did a quick search and I have not found any ported Eatons, nor have I found any 2.3 Whipples. Only thing I found in the market is a 3.4 Whipple and that's too much for my set up. eBay has new 2.3's for 3600 :(...

Besides, even if I find a 2.3 I'll still need the other stuff (i.e. MAF, BAP and injectors). So, it will probably be more than 2K, but I'll have 600HP instead of 500 LOL. Decisions....Decisions.....

Keep an eye for a used whipple. Try eBay post a wtb ad in the market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^ Thanks Blksvt. However, I'm not sure if I'm ready to pull the trigger. I pulled my blower off just for powder coating and now everyone is saying this is a perfect time to upgrade. I agree that it is and my interest has been peaked, but I'm not sure I want to turn a $300 powder coating job into a $2,000 + blower upgrade LOL.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
^^^ Thanks Blksvt. However, I'm not sure if I'm ready to pull the trigger. I pulled my blower off just for powder coating and now everyone is saying this is a perfect time to upgrade. I agree that it is and my interest has been peaked, but I'm not sure I want to turn a $300 powder coating job into a $2,000 blower upgrade LOL.

I hear ya. Plus the time of the year with xmas and such. Sent ya a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

Set the fuel system up correctly for E85 and you could be at 700 with the 2.3 lol....or course then you'll need a clutch...tires...these cars can lead one into the abyss

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^ I hear you C6. Good thing is I'm kind of prepared. I have the McLeod RST clutch with 26 spline input shaft in it already.

However, my half shafts are stock and the suspension is stock and the tires are mediocre at best LOL. Funny things is a lot of people have a hard time getting e85. I literally have a station across the street that sells e85 LOL.

Zemedici

Established Member
You wont need half shafts for the street, you wont ever rattle the tires hard enough to break them on the street, if you do, somethings wrong....hahahaha

My cars been at 600+whp for a minute, and I hammer it, no issues whatsoever. Hell i'm 10 spline still.

cj428mach

Established Member
Sounds awesome KLLR. Now I need to go research the cost of this possible venture LOL.

Okay, that didn't take long:

- Port Eaton (Stieg stage 7): $700
- METCO 2.8 upper: $130
- METCO 4lb Lower: $430
- Ford Racing 60lb: $335
- Diablo MAFia: $226
- KB Boost-A-Pump: $280

- Grand Total: $2,101.......

Remote tune: ????
Should I go with 60 or 80lb injectors?

Anyone know what this combination might produce HP wise????

I enjoy nice new stuff as much as the next guy but definitely consider used on the injectors, maf and bap. I wouldn't spend 1200+ towards a ported blower when for another 600-800 you can have a used 2.3l.

As you usually hear the important thing is to know your long term goals. If you'll never want more than 500 hp go ported blower. If you're like me and you start at 440hp and wind up at 700hp then go 2.3l.

I believe 04sleeper and Lasota racing are in the $150-250 range for a remote tune. You will need a wideband sensor though if you don't have one so add another $250 on for that with a gauge.

As for stock suspension, my car is basically stock except for poly differential bushings and an FRPP cover.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Thanks CJ and everyone else for chiming in. As I have mentioned I know how to make things look nice, but I have never really looked into upgrading the performance of my Cobra. So, I really have no goal at this point. I'm liking the idea of 700HP on e85, but I do not know everything that goes into getting there.

For now I'll stick to my stock Eaton and put everything back together at the stock level. I will probably do some research and figure out where I want to go. My bottom end will stay stock. So, I will see if a 2.3 or 2.9 will be better and see what all I need (i.e. BAP or upgrade my fuel pumps; 60 or 80 lb injectors: return or return-less fuel system; MAF or MAFia; boost level; etc, etc, etc......) So, many things needed to support certain power levels.:confused:

MG0h3

Established Member
Search the market for a used blower for sure! Heck most of the parts you need are for sale in there right now.

BMSTNG

Established Member
Got this on the way.
received_10207462425054442_zpsyzsrf51a.jpg
Got this on the way.
received_10207462425054442_zpsyzsrf51a.jpg
Can you pm me the contact information to purchase one of these? Looks awesome

Last edited:

svtrookie

Established Member
IMG_0795.jpg

Finally received my 18x9 18x10.5 AFS Chrome Reps. Placed the order back in April. Had to open up the box to check them out! This set was actually chromed in California vs. China. Hoping to install them in the spring!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice svtrookie! I made a order back in May I believe. I cancelled and ordered a rear matching TF 16" for some Hoosiers qtp slick.

Users who are viewing this thread