What did you do for your Terminator today?

gotjack

Established Member

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I may have but I don’t remember. It’s been about 5-6 years ago since I did the auto swap and it didn’t last very long.
Did you have that video posted somewhere else at one time? It looks familiar.
Yeah just went back and looked at my old post on here and I posted the video back in 2019

stangfreak

Established Member
I know of a few people that are running Whipples with th400’s. I just got tired of chasing power going from blower to blower for minimal gains. I’ll never go back to a blower. Long as everything works together you can have a turbo car with minimal lag. I’m running a custom 80mm from work turbo and I don’t really have much lag. But I don’t mess around on the street though either so it doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Its funny you said that. I have said that a million times. My tuner told me this YEARS AGO. He was like, all you cobra guys are doing are swapping blower to blower to blower to blower and you are still hovering around the same hp. stupid me, I fell for it again and did the 3.0 whipple. Its a long story why. I thought I was going to fix a problem with my car and it ended up not being the problem lol. lesson learned. Again.

Back when HP performance was around thats when my tuner told me to go turbo. twin setup back then was 5 grand. and it came with k member and all. People said it was a bad quality kit but two of my friends had that kit. mach 1 and a 04 cobra. Kits made CRAZY power, they fit well and ran hard. Heck my boy ran 8.30's blowing up before the car even passed the 1/4 mile mark. was a huge issue going bck and fourth bc of the injectors went bad.

MG0h3

Established Member

MG0h3

Established Member
Its funny you said that. I have said that a million times. My tuner told me this YEARS AGO. He was like, all you cobra guys are doing are swapping blower to blower to blower to blower and you are still hovering around the same hp. stupid me, I fell for it again and did the 3.0 whipple. Its a long story why. I thought I was going to fix a problem with my car and it ended up not being the problem lol. lesson learned. Again.

Back when HP performance was around thats when my tuner told me to go turbo. twin setup back then was 5 grand. and it came with k member and all. People said it was a bad quality kit but two of my friends had that kit. mach 1 and a 04 cobra. Kits made CRAZY power, they fit well and ran hard. Heck my boy ran 8.30's blowing up before the car even passed the 1/4 mile mark. was a huge issue going bck and fourth bc of the injectors went bad.

You didn’t pick up power with the GenV?

You’d literally be the first I’ve seen that hasn’t.

From what I’ve seen, every Gen2 2.9 to Gen3 or newer picked up decent power at the same pulley size.

Turbo is def more efficient. Been there and not sure I want the work.

stangfreak

Established Member
You didn’t pick up power with the GenV?

You’d literally be the first I’ve seen that hasn’t.

From what I’ve seen, every Gen2 2.9 to Gen3 or newer picked up decent power at the same pulley size.

Turbo is def more efficient. Been there and not sure I want the work.

yea that is why we are going to try the 1 7/8 long tubes with the 3 inch collectors. Maybe my mac long tubes and prochamber are holding the 3.0 back. we will see.

I spoke to a member on here that goes to a very famous tuner up north. And his tuner told him he wasn't a huge fan of the 3.0. weird I know lol. spoke over the phone and said his tuner wasn't impressed with the 3.0. Maybe on a max effort car? I dont know. Or its my car which is most likely the issue.

Little back round. My 2.9 whipple on 23lbs made 710 rwhp 640 rwtq. In all honesty, the car felt like a raped ape. For once is ran HARD. It was violent. It felt like the car ran harder than what the numbers showed. so I got greedy. we redid the fuel system, put better fuel, upped the boost to 25lbs. so more boost....better fuel system....better pumps.... better gas.....it made less power lol. It made 687 rwhp. same weather conditions. we compared the runs. we were all confused. everyone. The MPH was even less on the dyno run.

Fast forward.........I kept seeing the 3.0 guys make crazy power. I was like hmm, maybe this is the solution. And it gave me a chance to go with a bigger intake, throttle body. instead of the stock stuff I had with the 2.9. we all agreed to do it. Granted, we did tune the car in the heat. The end results were 720 rwhp 605 rwtq. 23lbs. same timing as the 2.9.

car still makes 720. It is what it is. we will see what happens with the bigger long tubes and midpipe. Also got todd warren working on my cams.

MG0h3

Established Member
yea that is why we are going to try the 1 7/8 long tubes with the 3 inch collectors. Maybe my mac long tubes and prochamber are holding the 3.0 back. we will see.

I spoke to a member on here that goes to a very famous tuner up north. And his tuner told him he wasn't a huge fan of the 3.0. weird I know lol. spoke over the phone and said his tuner wasn't impressed with the 3.0. Maybe on a max effort car? I dont know. Or its my car which is most likely the issue.

Little back round. My 2.9 whipple on 23lbs made 710 rwhp 640 rwtq. In all honesty, the car felt like a raped ape. For once is ran HARD. It was violent. It felt like the car ran harder than what the numbers showed. so I got greedy. we redid the fuel system, put better fuel, upped the boost to 25lbs. so more boost....better fuel system....better pumps.... better gas.....it made less power lol. It made 687 rwhp. same weather conditions. we compared the runs. we were all confused. everyone. The MPH was even less on the dyno run.

Fast forward.........I kept seeing the 3.0 guys make crazy power. I was like hmm, maybe this is the solution. And it gave me a chance to go with a bigger intake, throttle body. instead of the stock stuff I had with the 2.9. we all agreed to do it. Granted, we did tune the car in the heat. The end results were 720 rwhp 605 rwtq. 23lbs. same timing as the 2.9.

car still makes 720. It is what it is. we will see what happens with the bigger long tubes and midpipe. Also got todd warren working on my cams.

That is strange for sure.

I wouldn’t think the exhaust is a problem at your power level.

How does it feel to you and what pulley setup?

I have a 3.0 that I’m not set on installing. My driver was that I’m at @4k’ elevation and on a 2.9 upper on my 2.9 Whipple, I see @19 psi. Same pulley makes 23/24 at sea level.

stangfreak

Established Member
Its very strange. my tuner, my boys who I hang out with that hve 8 to 7 second cars, we were all perplexed. My tuner hands down loved the 2.9. Hes a turbo guy and liked the kenne bell. He tuned snake bite. when my tuner drove the car on the street with the 2.9, he said my car felt like a rocket. Then my boy AJ with the turbo cobra that I posted the video of, he drove the car and said bro, your car is an ANIMAL. Noway its only making 710 rwhp. They all said my car felt like it made way way more power.

Bro, my 2.9 in third gear, was so violent, it literally felt like first gear from a roll., the car would literally jump. But the dyno only said 640 tq. Yet it felt like it made more. car was down right nasty. so now with the 3.0.......I have a stock lower and a 3.3 grip tech upper. Down low driving around feels a bit weak. 2nd gear hit feels nice. if I lay into it slow, it pulls hard. It boogies for sure. Third gear hit is not as violent as my 2.9. My 2.9 in 2nd gear would literally blow the tires. It was usless. My 3.0 will hook in 2nd gear. so that is where we are at.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
with the 2.9 I had a 4lb lower. so that will help the motor spin faster and create that more down low tq. But at least I have room to grow with the 3.0. Built motor down the line, cams.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
I think the main issue is displacement. A big blower sounds great in theory, but it's on top of a 281

I also agree with that. when I spoke to a guy I know at whipple, he said the reason why they wont make the 3.8L new gen whipple for the 03 04 cobra is that bc our motors are too small. That came right from whipple. The 3L is max.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve been saying it since I put the 3.0 on my car. It’s a lazy blower down low. It does not hit as hard as my 2.3 or my buddies old 2.9. However the 3.0 will pull and pull up top where those other blowers run out of steam. It’s not violent on the hit at all.

My car has a 3.0 pulley on it and I’m seeing 25lbs of boost the car is absolutely stupid on the top end.

Nate has a 2.9 with cams on 22lbs and makes 809rwhp, Steven has the same exact set up but with a 3.0 on 22lbs. Same dyno same cams same timing and he makes 864rwhp. And the blower had more to go if they revved it out more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stangfreak

Established Member
I’ve been saying it since I put the 3.0 on my car. It’s a lazy blower down low. It does not hit as hard as my 2.3 or my buddies old 2.9. However the 3.0 will pull and pull up top where those other blowers run out of steam. It’s not violent on the hit at all.

My car has a 3.0 pulley on it and I’m seeing 25lbs of boost the car is absolutely stupid on the top end.

Nate has a 2.9 with cams on 22lbs and makes 809rwhp, Steven has the same exact set up but with a 3.0 on 22lbs. Same dyno same cams same timing and he makes 864rwhp. And the blower had more to go if they revved it out more.

are they running E85? Those are crazy numbers. I must have gotten a bad blower or my car is running 6 cylinders lol

Last edited:

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes both on e85, as am I. They are both on the MS3 and tuned by mustang life style and I’m tuned by Dunn on SCT.

I have to install my long tubes and then Kevin is going to revise the tune and I’ll throw it on the dyno.

stangfreak

Established Member
That is what I wanted to run. I also wanted to try c85 from vp. I contacted VP and they told me if my car sits a lot they dont recommend me running it. so I just stuck with ms109. I dont drive my car much. Its a weekend toy. If I have time to drive it.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
That is what I wanted to run. I also wanted to try c85 from vp. I contacted VP and they told me if my car sits a lot they dont recommend me running it. so I just stuck with ms109. I dont drive my car much. Its a weekend toy. If I have time to drive it.

Same here, I only drive mine 1 time a week at most. Trying to keep the miles off of it.

I really want to do cams, comp stage 3 but it’s just not in the cards right now. I’m planning to build a 10.5.1 compression teksid and that will get cams with ported heads. Maybe next year

stangfreak

Established Member
Yes both on e85, as am I. They are both on the MS3 and tuned by mustang life style and I’m tuned by Dunn on SCT.

I have to install my long tubes and then Kevin is going to revise the tune and I’ll throw it on the dyno.

Nice. looking forward to see what you put down. I hope to god I get my long tubes in time. I want to do it before it gets too hot and throw it on the dyno. see if my macs and prochamber are holding the car back.

Users who are viewing this thread