What did you do for your Terminator today?

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
03 Black Cobra Motor.JPG
03 Black Cobra Motor.JPG1.JPG
Drop the motor out the bottom Saturday. Motor has a locked up driver side intake cam. The front two cam journal's are damaged from poor lubrications.
(Oil is clean and full)
Not sure way. Any thoughts??? Going to disassemble the motor today and look to see way.
MB

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
Yes Love a Bassani? That's the coating from Bassani They only have idle time on them before the motor failed.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Ha, OK. I have basssni midlengths and they don't look anything like now, but I have some miles on mine. When they come out again I'm going to get the jet-hot coated so they look the part again.
Good luck finding your issue

03' White Snake

Established Member
Welded on my Hans racecraft subframe connectors I've had lying around for about 8 yrs. Made a huge difference just in jacking up the car to get it off the platforms. Also pulled the car out of the garage and look let her run since Nov last yr up to temp. Almost ready to go!!
Screenshot_20200422-002318_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200422-002502_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200422-002408_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200422-002342_Gallery.jpg

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Welded on my Hans racecraft subframe connectors I've had lying around for about 8 yrs. Made a huge difference just in jacking up the car to get it off the platforms. Also pulled the car out of the garage and look let her run since Nov last yr up to temp. Almost ready to go!!
View attachment 1635898 View attachment 1635899 View attachment 1635900 View attachment 1635901

Right on! Been looking for a set casually, for better part of a decade. Found a few sets. My recommendation for chassis control on the Cobra. Congratulations, now im going to start looking again! Wish me luck!

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ordered all the gear to replace my pass. side rear wheel bearing this weekend. I've had the car nearly 10 years and aside from swapping to fun parts, all I've ever had to replace maintenance-wise is a tie rod end and alternator. So, I guess I shouldn't complain about this bearing fiasco!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
So is the replacement piece that whole assembly? Or are you punching out those bearing and packing new?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You need a press to press the bearing out and a new one in. If it goes on too long then you will need the knuckle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I pressed the old hub and bearing out this morning at work. I can shoot some pics of the stuff now if anyone wants to see that aftermath. Working in a diesel shop has its perks. Borrowed some tools last night that made busting that 36mm axle nut loose a breeze since I don't have air at home.

Users who are viewing this thread