What did you do for your Terminator today?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Those are the same ones I used a while back with Kooks LTs and a 3" MAC Pro dumps. Made my own midpipe with the Vibrant 3"X12" stainless resonators in place of the cats. Absolutely loved the sound and constantly got people commenting on how good it sounded. Made mine an H pipe but it was not to loud at part throttle and cruising down the highway, but just sounded wicked as hell at WOT.
Very clean and mean sounding! I'll be doing the same thing this next time around with ARH longtubes. May possibly run the exhaust all the way out the back. Just trying to decide which mufflers to use. Want it mild sounding until WOT.

Ken

Awesome! Love an H pipe. Gives it an old school sound.

H pipe FTW.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I agree, love the sound of an H-pipe. My exhaust system consists of JBA midlengths w/3" collectors, JBA custom 3" h-pipe, and JBA 3" catback. Gutting the cats negatively affected the sound, I'm sure some resonators in that spot will tone it down a little.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Mini Dip and I started the break down for a timing cover, pulley bridge and alt bracket replacement. I’m aiming for the the full black powder coat look.
Tomorrow’s going to be an interesting day because MD is going to learn a few new tricks.

017d98d6873a408b1adecc2f7f204366.jpg

1b129aebf080f00ebdd3c35e3f2cfd54.jpg

ee3f288bbd8f66b80b41abb507e6abcb.jpg

Is there anything else aside from the above mentioned I should do while I’m performing surgery? Rather ask before I button everything up.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you go auto?....Sorry, I'm out of the loop here.
No. The first batch of computers weren't set up to activate the reverse lock out. They did an update so the lock out works like stock. The other issue is the speedo bounces above 65mph. I'm not the only one with the issue, but mine seems a little more extreme than the others.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Mini Dip and I started the break down for a timing cover, pulley bridge and alt bracket replacement. I’m aiming for the the full black powder coat look.
Tomorrow’s going to be an interesting day because MD is going to learn a few new tricks.

View attachment 1626012
View attachment 1626013
View attachment 1626014

Is there anything else aside from the above mentioned I should do while I’m performing surgery? Rather ask before I button everything up.

That’s awesome. I recommend replacing the water pump, and inner idlers well in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well seems pointless to spend 95 dollars on Amsoil oil when I have about 500 miles on the oil that's in the car....But it will be a year coming up since oil change. :(

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well seems pointless to spend 95 dollars on Amsoil oil when I have about 500 miles on the oil that's in the car....But it will be a year coming up since oil change. :(

The last two years I haven’t even put 1k miles on mine. Normally I average 1K miles a year. I switched to Mobil 1 Extended Performance this past storage season.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The last two years I haven’t even put 1k miles on mine. Normally I average 1K miles a year. I switched to Mobil 1 Extended Performance this past storage season.

I tried a few different brands and weights. The Amsoil seems to not have a ethanol smell like the RP HPS I tried. And a local fleet farm stocks Amsoil.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Not today, but this past weekend i changed the oil on my KB 2.6H
KB oil change (Medium).jpg
, i thought it was pretty dark for 8k change. KB recommends oil change every 12k

01yellercobra

Established Member

Might be worth getting an oil analysis done first. Even with the time I can't see your oil needing to be changed already. Although you deal with a lot of dew when changing seasons right?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Might be worth getting an oil analysis done first. Even with the time I can't see your oil needing to be changed already. Although you deal with a lot of dew when changing seasons right?
Correct, temp fluctuates a lot. And I run e85. I still can't see it being bad.

But for a piece of mind, I bought some new oil. I have used black stone labs before. I still have one of there vials. I'll probably send in a sample.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I went 2.5yrs on my last oil change before sending it to blackstone. My report came back sparkling clean. Absolutely zero in every category: moisture, fuel, coolant, sludge etc.

Unless you park your car on top of a pile of wet leaves and leave it there for years, I'm gonna bet it's ok. The moisture contamination is more related to repeated short trips where the oil never reaches operating temperature, or when there is a malfunction in the pcv system and the combustion byproducts are unable to be swept out of the crankcase.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Good to hear. Maybe I'll run it yet this year and change it out this fall before winter storage.

Users who are viewing this thread