What did you do for your Terminator today?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

Tested my GoPro. Never had one, I know it’s sad. After seeing the videos, spent some time on Amazon to get a few items for the GoPro to make it more useful. One being a wind slayer to reduce the noise.
Don’t feel bad. I’ve wanted one but have never owned one either.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Could be worse. I had one that I loaned to my son. He got into making videos and I never saw it again.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Wound up finally hanging my svt certificate and window sticker in the garage next to the car.
bffc7226d60e371e7ea655ee4064bc2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I made it an actual flex fuel vehicle today. Or it will be once I'm able to get back to tuning. I mounted the sensor in the return line right off the regulator.

And I installed the front wheel speed sensor so I can use the MS3's traction control. I now have all the extras I've been wanting to put on the car. Can't wait to drive it again.
41080911f0d12a641341ce3824c2b144.jpg
4840231027902a6b550de9db26cd9849.jpg

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Went to a local Caffeine and Cars at a Ford dealership. Woke up at 6:15am, cleaned up the cobra, got there with my 2 sons at 8:30am. HUGE turnout and awesome rides which I’ll have later in video section.
lx0T263.jpg

6jspRWQ.jpg

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Also tested the GoPro again, but this time with the “wind slayer” I got on Amazon to reduce the wind noise. It made a huge difference as I can actually hear the whine.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I made it an actual flex fuel vehicle today. Or it will be once I'm able to get back to tuning. I mounted the sensor in the return line right off the regulator.

And I installed the front wheel speed sensor so I can use the MS3's traction control. I now have all the extras I've been wanting to put on the car. Can't wait to drive it again.View attachment 1624800View attachment 1624801
FAN-FKN-TASTIC!!
Are you reading the back side of the wheel studs with the sensor? If so did you smooth them out and get rid of any dimple if they had one?
Looking forward to how everything works out once you're tuned. I have my MS3PRO sitting there waiting on me to build the new motor!
Thanks
Ken

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
FAN-FKN-TASTIC!!
Are you reading the back side of the wheel studs with the sensor? If so did you smooth them out and get rid of any dimple if they had one?
Looking forward to how everything works out once you're tuned. I have my MS3PRO sitting there waiting on me to build the new motor!
Thanks
Ken
Yes I do. I can't take the credit though. I got the idea from someone that knows Megasquirt a lot better than me. I was originally going to use the ABS wheel, but this was a lot easier. Crazy part is I could feel the magnet from the sensor when I turned the hub by hand.

I didn't smooth anything out. That'll be another day if it needs to be done. But I think it'll be ok. Honestly, I think I have the most miles on the MS3 set up for these cars. And my car has been down for 6 weeks.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
For the first time since 2014, the Cobra left the garage under it's own power today! Took it to our neighborhood car club's first car show/meet. This thing is loud and violent. In the process I uncovered a few more small things it needs: new shifter, resonators in place of gutted cats, possibly tie rod ends, and the tune needs to be cleaned up a bit.

87167263_10158038112964462_1508245763912630272_o.jpg

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Ke
Yes I do. I can't take the credit though. I got the idea from someone that knows Megasquirt a lot better than me. I was originally going to use the ABS wheel, but this was a lot easier. Crazy part is I could feel the magnet from the sensor when I turned the hub by hand.

I didn't smooth anything out. That'll be another day if it needs to be done. But I think it'll be ok. Honestly, I think I have the most miles on the MS3 set up for these cars. And my car has been down for 6 weeks.
KEVIN over on modfords used the wheel studs but he is the one who mentioned that he had to smooth the dimple out due to getting false readings. He didn't have the PnP version but the wheel sensor/traction control is the same.
Great work, I'm excited to get mine going and to watch yours and others in the meantime!

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
View attachment 1624846[/QUOTE]
For the first time since 2014, the Cobra left the garage under it's own power today! Took it to our neighborhood car club's first car show/meet. This thing is loud and violent. In the process I uncovered a few more small things it needs: new shifter, resonators in place of gutted cats, possibly tie rod ends, and the tune needs to be cleaned up a bit.

View attachment 1624846
Got ya beat lol!
Mine hasn't moved from the garage under its own power since May 2009.
It's priority is back on the table though and I've been collecting everything to build a brand new 10:1 compression Aluminator with brand new block and Roush ported DC heads and all Cloyes timing gears. Next up are Gibtec pistons and Molnar power adder rods. Gonna top it off with a Whipple 3.0 Gen 5 supercharger!
Ken

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Ke

KEVIN over on modfords used the wheel studs but he is the one who mentioned that he had to smooth the dimple out due to getting false readings. He didn't have the PnP version but the wheel sensor/traction control is the same.
Great work, I'm excited to get mine going and to watch yours and others in the meantime!
I'll keep an eye on it. But then I'm running stock studs and I can't remember if they're smooth or not. I'm probably going to have to climb under the car because of you now.

Although at this point I'm not sure if the studs will be the biggest issue. There's a problem with the VSS1 output that causes the speedo to bounce above 65mph. It seems for most it's about 2mph. But mine sees 5 at times. I'm sure if theres suddenly 5mph difference between the front and rear wheels the traction control will freak out. So it's something I need to keep in mind.

Last edited:

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member

View attachment 1624846

What Resonators are you Going with?

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
3" x 12" Vibrant stainless steel, I'll have them welded in where the gutted cats are now. Should clean the sound up.
Those are the same ones I used a while back with Kooks LTs and a 3" MAC Pro dumps. Made my own midpipe with the Vibrant 3"X12" stainless resonators in place of the cats. Absolutely loved the sound and constantly got people commenting on how good it sounded. Made mine an H pipe but it was not to loud at part throttle and cruising down the highway, but just sounded wicked as hell at WOT.
Very clean and mean sounding! I'll be doing the same thing this next time around with ARH longtubes. May possibly run the exhaust all the way out the back. Just trying to decide which mufflers to use. Want it mild sounding until WOT.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread