What did you do for your Terminator today?

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
This came today, from the SVT Store. The quality of this piece is fantastic and the clear coat is flawless.
e8d97099-65c6-4c9e-a4e2-2284aef05d9c_zpspmqhojlo.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I should've let you drive mine last time you were out here Glenn. I bet that would've changed your mind about an upper pulley. ;)

LOL, that might change my perspective Bob. Henry (HPLouis) said he felt the difference going back to stock. So, it must be a pretty good improvement over stock.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
You're really missing out by at least not having an upper pulley. I rode in a local guys car that had a stock setup and it was very boring compared to my 2.93 upper car. These cars can handle horsepower so easy you really should be running at least 450-500rwhp.

Hey Mike. I hear you. I did have a 100 shot on my car (it's not active right now as I pulled the RPM activator switch out and put it in my 65). I've only used it twice at the track while it was in my Cobra. First pass I spun like crazy off the line, but my trap speed was 121 MPH. Second pass I roasted the factory clutch (there's that mechanical issue I was talking about LOL). However, YES that extra 100HP made a huge difference.

As I said I have no problems with those who modify. I just don't want to deal with issues (i.e. smoked clutch. I'm running an RXT now).

Maybe a pulley and tune might be worth it. Then power is on all the time vs running out of nitrous LOL. I "might" have to re-examine my perspective here.

HPLouis

Established Member
I can do the visuals, like I kept the Ford Racing pulley and coil covers, the LFP accessory pullies, window tints, the rims....I can even do sound, like the mid pipe and catback and even the radio since it's a touchscreen and has bluetooth but that's as far as I'm willing to go now. I just want a trouble free, nice looking and sounding ride.

I still have the 2.93 and 3.10 pullies and shorter belt sitting in the basement. I also have my SCT PRP so I can always mod it back if I change my mind. I'll see if my perspective changes next summer.

cj428mach

Established Member
Hey Mike. I hear you. I did have a 100 shot on my car (it's not active right now as I pulled the RPM activator switch out and put it in my 65). I've only used it twice at the track while it was in my Cobra. First pass I spun like crazy off the line, but my trap speed was 121 MPH. Second pass I roasted the factory clutch (there's that mechanical issue I was talking about LOL). However, YES that extra 100HP made a huge difference.

As I said I have no problems with those who modify. I just don't want to deal with issues (i.e. smoked clutch. I'm running an RXT now).

Maybe a pulley and tune might be worth it. Then power is on all the time vs running out of nitrous LOL. I "might" have to re-examine my perspective here.
Something to think about, my old sb car was running an upper pulley, remote amazon tune, cat back and cai. It made 443rwhp and the previous owner ran over 76000 miles with those mods. The previous owner autocrossed it and drag raced it from time to time. Finally the stock clutch gave up around 65k+ and was replaced with a spec stage 3. So the pullied cars can live a long long time.

Don't be afraid.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Something to think about, my old sb car was running an upper pulley, remote amazon tune, cat back and cai. It made 443rwhp and the previous owner ran over 76000 miles with those mods. The previous owner autocrossed it and drag raced it from time to time. Finally the stock clutch gave up around 65k+ and was replaced with a spec stage 3. So the pullied cars can live a long long time.

Don't be afraid.

LOL, sounds good Mike. No, I'm not afraid. Just hate dealing with mechanical issues at this stage of my life. My days of pulling engines and laying on the ground to install a tranny or rear-end are coming to an end LOL. However, a pullied Cobra could be the ticket though. Good balance between power and dependability.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL, sounds good Mike. No, I'm not afraid. Just hate dealing with mechanical issues at this stage of my life. My days of pulling engines and laying on the ground to install a tranny or rear-end are coming to an end LOL. However, a pullied Cobra could be the ticket though. Good balance between power and dependability.
Glenn, I put a 2.76 pulley on mine and did a remote tune through 04sleeper. It's a dramatic difference from the stock pulley and that really isn't a significant modification.
I do have a brand new TVS in the box in my garage. I'm contemplating installing it, but mine only has 10k miles on it so I'm wondering if it's better left alone.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Glenn, I put a 2.76 pulley on mine and did a remote tune through 04sleeper. It's a dramatic difference from the stock pulley and that really isn't a significant modification.
I do have a brand new TVS in the box in my garage. I'm contemplating installing it, but mine only has 10k miles on it so I'm wondering if it's better left alone.

Do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Lol nope, no clue I have it. Thankfully she really doesn't ask about the stockpile of parts in the garage. I've been lucky that I get the packages and hide them before she gets home.

The factory one was making a noise at WOT that’s why you need a new one. The VMP unit is probably a little quieter than the heaton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HPLouis

Established Member

Don't be afraid.

You've got a point. I'm like Glenn, I'm done with times of laying on my back under a car in the street pulling out transmissions, etc. My back and knees have aged faster than the rest of my body. It's great to hear about your old SB car. I might just end up putting the 3.1 pulley and shorter belt on. I've got the SCT software so I can just tune it myself and I read that a 3.1 will give about 3.5-4.5lbs of boost. From my datalogs, the car can handle that.

I'm gonna give it a try and head to the dyno and see what that'll give me. A 3.1 pulley, catted h-pipe, a tune and a catback might give me 425-440rwhp. I'd be happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread