What did you do for your Terminator today?

uhhhaaron

Established Member
Today I drove home(in my beater) from work and as I pulled in, I smiled and admired my Terminator sitting there parked. Parked next to her, got out, walked around the Cobra and got to the front and patted the hood and said, “Don’t worry, if this damn Arizona heat cools down, I’ll drive you this weekend.”

LOL

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
127B4ED4-5857-4DCC-A383-F7376E0E3B40.png

Sent my rst in to be rebuilt into an rxt. Honestly it looks like it’s a brand new clutch. Turn around was about 7 days. Hopefully get it put in later today. More than anything I hope it holds the power unlike the rst.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I’m making over 700/600 at the wheels have had multiple track passes on my RXT and it’s holding up great.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Yes, very soft and sticky and should be more than adequate, to handle my pedestrian 500 rwhp Terminator.

Being able to go wide open from 0-100% throttle without feathering it in first gear and putting down all 500hp is a blast. I had a lot of fun with my ported setup at 500hp on drag radials!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m making over 700/600 at the wheels have had multiple track passes on my RXT and it’s holding up great.

I'm making 890/690 with multiple track passes with the RXT.. It'll hold up just fine

Guys, how does the pedal feel? How are the street manners with the RXT?

MG0h3

Established Member

I loved mine. Pedal seemed high at first (stock pivot ball) but I quickly came to love it. Basically had engagement starting 1/2" off the floor (I could hear it in the garage but not quite enough to move the car) until full engagement 1/2" from the top. You do want a shorter pivot ball with the RXT though.

I'm on the 1200HD now and at first I was sortof bummed. Heavier pedal and I went on the shorter end of the suggested pivot ball length so full engagement 2/3 of the way up. Drove it for a week and now I love it.

Im not exaggerating, the normal RXT was't much heavier than the 02' focus.

MG0h3

Established Member
I've never gotten more than 2K miles from a DR. When they get to the wear bar, they're gone. If you torture them, they will disappear, fast.

Damn. I got like 2500 out of my old ET Streets and I'd spin in 2nd if I wanted.

Being able to go wide open from 0-100% throttle without feathering it in first gear and putting down all 500hp is a blast. I had a lot of fun with my ported setup at 500hp on drag radials!

Good tires but first is still useless for me; not sure what kind of power I'm making. 2nd won't hold up top all the time either; seemed the ET streets were better. I run around 26psi. What do you run?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Damn. I got like 2500 out of my old ET Streets and I'd spin in 2nd if I wanted.

Good tires but first is still useless for me; not sure what kind of power I'm making. 2nd won't hold up top all the time either; seemed the ET streets were better. I run around 26psi. What do you run?

What kind of power are you putting down? I also had DA shocks, no front sway bar, coil overs and a drag setup spring rate up front so it transferred the weight very well. I ran 26 psi as well. Even at 720hp I could feather 1st to wide open and nail 2nd and have full traction with the MT Street SS. I got over 4000 miles out of them.

Edit- just saw you said you don’t know your power level. Let’s play let’s guess your power level. Mods?

MG0h3

Established Member
2.9 whipple @20psi, E85, manifolds and no cats. I'd guess around 675 at best.

I don't have any of the suspension stuff; just HR sports hahah which dont help.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Peddle feel is light and easy.. I have a heavily cammed, non air idle control valve, high compression engine, ID1700's with e85, with a manual.. Street manners of the clutch is good, street manners of everything else???? weeeeeelllllll its as good as it'll get lol.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
2.9 whipple @20psi, E85, manifolds and no cats. I'd guess around 675 at best.

I don't have any of the suspension stuff; just HR sports hahah which dont help.

I’d say your knocking on 700 for sure. Definitely invest in some suspension, it’ll be a whole new car when you can actually utilize that power.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Pedal on the RXT is light and has a good feel around the streets. It’s way lighter than the stock clutch

Users who are viewing this thread