What did you do for your Terminator today?

Zemedici

Established Member

Looks beautiful, any more shots? TF chicanes??

Finally got my hood today!! Needs adjusting tho. Pretty big gap on the driver side. I have hood struts with a bracket and looks like there's barely any room for adjusting. If anyone has gone through this experience tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

176398a09b220fe0bc00d5532f816dfa.jpg

Did you adjust the stops?

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
The stops on the radiator support? If so lower the driver side stop

Those are to adjust height. I need to shift the hood about a 1/4 inch to the driver side. I got the height down I just can't get the hood to move more to the driver side.

Zemedici

Established Member
Those are to adjust height. I need to shift the hood about a 1/4 inch to the driver side. I got the height down I just can't get the hood to move more to the driver side.

Ohhhhhh I thought you meant it was higher on the driver side. I was like 'what......'

Side to side is another story....hmm

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
When you know your co-workers aren't car people.....

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

LMAO!!! True.

I did have that happen before, but it was a kid. He was walking by and said "Look mommy, it's a race car." LMAO!!!! Funny how a paint job can impact people's perceptions.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Finally got my hood today!! Needs adjusting tho. Pretty big gap on the driver side. I have hood struts with a bracket and looks like there's barely any room for adjusting. If anyone has gone through this experience tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Black Cobra + cowl = One mean looking Terminator, looks awesome!

cj428mach

Established Member
I swapped my magnaflo for borla stingers. Unfortunately I only got to hear it in the garage last night. Tonight will be the test drive, im excited.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Haha all good man. Yea side to side is my issue starting to irritate me
there are a few 8mm bolts that run along the fender on the inside right were the hood sits. they run front to back. you can loosen these and move the fenders in and out to help with the adjustment. there isnt much wiggle room on the hood hinges. depending on how much you need to move you have have to loosen the two bolts behind the headlights that hold the fender and there is one more that you can access when you open your door. look between the door and the fender and you will see it, believe its 10mm. the adjustments can be made it just takes some time and knowing were all the points are

01yellercobra

Established Member
LMAO!!! True.

I did have that happen before, but it was a kid. He was walking by and said "Look mommy, it's a race car." LMAO!!!! Funny how a paint job can impact people's perceptions.
I drove mine to my new job before I started. The manager asked me if it was a 2016.....

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Got my inspection this morning (passed). Had the shop put in a fuel filter. Plan for today was to replace the lower ball joints and apparently I totally fail at that task:

Get to go hunt for cheap lower A-Arms instead now. Hope to get the job completed by Monday - cause I need the car on Monday....

01yellercobra

Established Member
Got my inspection this morning (passed). Had the shop put in a fuel filter. Plan for today was to replace the lower ball joints and apparently I totally fail at that task:

Get to go hunt for cheap lower A-Arms instead now. Hope to get the job completed by Monday - cause I need the car on Monday....
Did the old one just about fall out too? Too bad you're not local. My old arms are at a friend's place.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
No, I had to press the old ones out. That part went fine. I just screwed up pressing the new ones in. Wish I was local to you too.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Finally chased down an annoying rattle today.....been hearing this metallic rattle going very low speed on these grooved concrete roads in my neighborhood. Had progressively been getting louder. I thought initially it could be a brake pad vibrating....today I actually got the car on stands and pulled the front wheels.

Well, it wasn't the pads. They only 6k miles on them and looke fine. I got under the car, wiggled every bolt I could find...nothing. Got ready to remount the wheels and decided to bounce the dust shields....bingo. The passenger side dust shield was ever slightly loose on the center rivet (there are 3) and it would make a nasty metallic rattle. The driver side was fine. Got a pick, forced the splined rivet out, banged on the hat side of it, reinserted the rivet.....much tighter no more rattle.

Test drove it, seems to have worked.

Users who are viewing this thread