What did i do to my motor?

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
I agree with the piston ring failing. Do a compression test and you'll see one cylinder WAY lower than the other 7.

If that is in fact the problem, the cylinder wall is now scored and you are looking at an overbore and rebuild. Decide what you want as far as bore, compression ratio and pistons/rods.

Do you still owe money on the car?

No I dont owe on the car. If I have to do a full rebuild, I will likely just go with a 416 and get my money's worth. Didn't want to have to tear into the motor so soon but I guess shit happens. :bash:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No I dont owe on the car. If I have to do a full rebuild, I will likely just go with a 416 and get my money's worth. Didn't want to have to tear into the motor so soon but I guess shit happens. :bash:

Good thing you don't owe money on the car. While people can do whatever they want with their own car, I cringe at the idea of breaking a car racing it or significantly modding a car when you still owe money on it.

A forged 416 would be badass. Throw some boost at it and you'd have one of the fastest cars on the road.

Get that compression test done and it'll tell you a lot more, good luck.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
I agree with the piston ring failing. Do a compression test and you'll see one cylinder WAY lower than the other 7.

If that is in fact the problem, the cylinder wall is now scored and you are looking at an overbore and rebuild. Decide what you want as far as bore, compression ratio and pistons/rods.

Do you still owe money on the car?

Yeah, do a compression test across all cylinders. Then go from there. Good luck!

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Good thing you don't owe money on the car. While people can do whatever they want with their own car, I cringe at the idea of breaking a car racing it or significantly modding a car when you still owe money on it.

A forged 416 would be badass. Throw some boost at it and you'd have one of the fastest cars on the road.

Get that compression test done and it'll tell you a lot more, good luck.

To keep the price down I will likely go with a peppy NA setup. Maybe some juice later. I like NA now though.

Yeah, do a compression test across all cylinders. Then go from there. Good luck!

Yea, cant get it in for a leakdown till monday. Gonna run it by my tuner to have him take a quick peek to make sure its safe to drive to work until then. I kinda have no choice.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Ringland.

Good luck with that.

If it were me id grab a cheap beater for $1500 and then start rebuilding that motor once you have some funds saved up.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
So it looks like all that happened was I needed to empty my catch can and the high rpms sucked a shitload of oil into my intake manifold. It's running perfect with no oil burning. Guess I got lucky. Time to drop that rev limiter down a few hundred. Gonna do a leak down Tuesday just to be sure. Also time to start buying parts to build my 416 stroker when this one DOES eventually go. Thanks for your comments guys. Well...most of you. Lol

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
So it looks like all that happened was I needed to empty my catch can and the high rpms sucked a shitload of oil into my intake manifold. It's running perfect with no oil burning. Guess I got lucky. Time to drop that rev limiter down a few hundred. Gonna do a leak down Tuesday just to be sure. Also time to start buying parts to build my 416 stroker when this one DOES eventually go. Thanks for your comments guys. Well...most of you. Lol

Why on earth is the rev limiter that high in the first place? Shouldn't turn a stock LS shortblock past 6800-7000

Sounds like you got lucky

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread