what could cause this

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Just wanting some opinions. Oh, 800 miles on it. i9ncludes about 20 passes 10.7's and 10.8's

DSC00115.JPG

ecoastkid

Established Member
wiped out bearing which clogs the oil pump and befor you know it, the engine is run dry. Thats my guess based on my buddys LS1. His pistons looked exactly like that.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Last edited:

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Excessive heat would be my guess.

That too could do it, and its been there thanks to the wonderful mezziere pump. Although, It didnt get hot the last 7 runs at the track. Ran back to back to back 10.8's and 10'7's just on the last run its totally went bonkers. and still ran a 10.79

Or a small combination of both.

Another thing, why just 1 cylinder? Tranny went out on the last run too.

Im having the bestest luck with my 1st really high HP build. RFLMAO. Live and learn

Last edited:

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Which cylinder was that slug in? Was the cooling system properly burped?

2nd or 3rd on drivers side, I would of thought the drivers side rear would of been really bad, but it was among the best shape. System was completely purged. Shoot, truck ran at pinks with no issues and about another 10 runs before this.

Im sure the tranny letting go durring the 2/3 shift sending the motor into the moon, rpm wise, didnt help either. when it finally did shift into 3rd, it was sputtering, so i rolled it to a 10.79

Last edited:

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
So the water pump went out and you were unaware of it? What did the engine temps get too?

water pump failed in the burnout box at pinks, LOL FlaHP was driving and said it never went over 205. the pump didnt completely stop, it could cool at idle. Motor was 30 over. But we did 2 testntunes after pinks and it ran with no issue

ecoastkid

Established Member
Which bearing came out of the motor in question? If its the one on the right, I'm sticking with check your oil pump. no bearing should look like that after 800 miles.

DSC00100a.JPG

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
my guess is inproper tolerancing.

Yes, I was kind of surprised to see the cranks wasnt 10/10. I asked that it be checked, and if OK used, never said dont cut it. The crank with 80K on it feels smoother/flatter than the one with 800-1000 miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread