what color wheels

Andrew1021

Established Member
I have a 03 sonic blue cobra, with stock 17 cobra wheels up front and deep dish stock wheels in back. I want to do copper spokes with polished lips but not sure how it would work with sonic blue. Either that or black spokes, but that is too common

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Chrome does pop nasty on a sb..... Copper....interesting. Can u post a pic of the wheel u had in mind or something similar?

Andrew1021

Established Member
My wheels are not chrome or I wouldn't be thinking about changing color. Haha. They are just silver. I would post a pic of a similar wheel but I haven't seen anything close. Just stock 03-04 cobra wheels with deep dish ones in back with polished lip and copper spokes

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
So something like this? But obviously 03-04's....dude I have to say I've never seen the copper on polished. It actually looks pretty sick. I'm a big fan of ppl that do unique mods. I was trying to do some brass wheels with my silver '12 but I just couldn't do it.
F110-Brushed-Copper-440_zps24ae55bf.jpg

MysticRob

Established Member
IMO, Sonic Blue is like Mystichrome and a chrome simple-spoked "unbusy" looking wheel is a requirement. If you're running the stock polished wheels just get them chromed.

Last edited:

Andrew1021

Established Member
So something like this? But obviously 03-04's....dude I have to say I've never seen the copper on polished. It actually looks pretty sick. I'm a big fan of ppl that do unique mods. I was trying to do some brass wheels with my silver '12 but I just couldn't do it.
F110-Brushed-Copper-440_zps24ae55bf.jpg

I'm going to chrome my wheels. Which I have no idea where to go. And then do a copper layer over it. I'm going to do it with plasti dip since ive been running a business off of plasti dipping cars so ik what to do. The copper color they have usually needs a base, but if I use no base coat then it becomes translucent and looks like actual copper plated. If I don't like it, peel it off

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm going to chrome my wheels. Which I have no idea where to go. And then do a copper layer over it. I'm going to do it with plasti dip since ive been running a business off of plasti dipping cars so ik what to do. The copper color they have usually needs a base, but if I use no base coat then it becomes translucent and looks like actual copper plated. If I don't like it, peel it off

Sounds like a solid plan. You'll get the best of both worlds. A chrome wheel that will definitely compliment your chrome wheels, and a copper plasti-dipped copper finish to try. Like you said, if it doesn't look great you can always peel it off. Go for it!

coposrv

Established Member
Anything polished or chrome looks so good on SB. I really like the true forged that were posted but it definitely doesn't have the pop that chrome or polished does. Hell, look at a sonic car on 18" reps. That pop will be missing with the gold or copper I think.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
I have a 03 sonic blue cobra, with stock 17 cobra wheels up front and deep dish stock wheels in back. I want to do copper spokes with polished lips but not sure how it would work with sonic blue. Either that or black spokes, but that is too common

The copper spokes will give it that blue STI look IMO. I'd go for chrome or all black.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Where the hell can I go to chrome my wheels?

Chrome plating is ridiculously expensive. I got a quote to get two of my old 18x9.5 Cobra R's rechromed and the place wanted $1400. I could've bought two brand new sets of Cobra R's for that.

Users who are viewing this thread