What Color Valve Covers?

What color valve covers?

• 2 Stage Candy Red Metallic (Redfire)

Votes: 56 26.5%
  • Crinkle Black

Votes: 109 51.7%
  • Leave it stock

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • Suggest a different combination. Explain.

Votes: 25 11.8%

• Total voters

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
if the blower is off, do you still need to remove the brake booster?
Yes. That's the way I did it.

The only other way I have heard of pulling them off is to unbolt the motor mounts and jack the drivers side of the engine up some. (I opted for removing the brake booster and master cylinder. It wasn't too difficult.)

black 10th vert

Established Member
I just finished doing mine. Even with the booster unbolted, and pulled out of the way, the driver's side was still a bitch to do! I didn't disconnect the brake lines, but if I were to do this job again, I would definitely unhook them from the master to give the booster more room to move out of the way. I unbolted the proportioning valve, and that helped, but you can only move it up a certain amount before the lines become a real "hangup"!

Nino S

Established Member
WOW i was for the black until I saw those torch red ones on that Merc. Thats what I may go after instead of black or polished.
Those red fire turned out really well and I am sure look even better in person

Last edited:

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Yeah that drivers side is defintly a pain in the ass to remove, I opted to unbolt and remove the master cylinder/booster... it was still kind of a pain in the ass.

Stalker27

Established Member
Looks really good but now the blower sticks out like a sore thumb. Youn should paint it black now & hit the throttle body plenum with either black or red. I'm too late but i was going to suggest black cherry for the covers

03DsgDarkHorse

Established Member
You gotta go with a redfire or a deep metallic red. That would make the whole engine bay just pop. i saw a few cobras with the redfire valve covers and they add an amazing touch, especially since it looks like you have a few deep red accents under there already

Cobrakai04

Established Member
do you have to powder coat them? cant you just paint them with a high temp paint?

I really like the redfire :rockon:

Spoolx

Established Member
Black wrinkle is definitely badass though, finally got mine in the mail the other day:

IMG_0829edit.jpg

I love this look!
If it wasnt so much work to get them off I would do it.

On a side note does everyone just powdercoat them?

Users who are viewing this thread