Votes: 25 37.3%
  • other

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2814v

Established Member
I am in the process of upgrading my brakes. Mostly for show, slotted and cross drilled rotors and painted calipers and a little stop, steel brake lines. Have the rotors and ordered the lines. Getting ready to order the caliper paint and thats my problem. What color, my wife says black anything else would be too flashy (duh) thats why I'm painting them. I am thinking red(old stand by, and looks great on any color car) or blue. I will have blue shelby strips on my white snake soon.
What color should I buy.

Last edited:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
caliper paint is for poseurs. cobra calipers are available in red, but dont forget people started painting the calipers on their civics red because they wanted brembos. put a set of brembo calipers on it.

vroom vroom > bling bling

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
In recent tests yellow caliper paint was found to give a 10-12 ft shorter braking distance over red caliper paint while red paint helps cool the caliper and prevent brake fade better than blue caliper paint.... :D

BOOSTER03

Established Member
What brand of caliper comes standard on our terminators? I had my car detailed one day, and the next day the calipers were etched and stained like a light grey......does the caliper paint work and if so which is the best brand to buy? Thanks

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
its a two piston floating caliper made by PBR. same caliper used by baer, shelby, c4 corvette, and a bunch of other applications.

wax or silicone or something should darken them up a bit where the wheel cleaner lightened them.

BOOSTER03

Established Member
thinking about doing the red paint job like on the 10th anniversary......just want it to com out right!!!!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Buy the paint that you get through Tirerack.com. I used it on my Focus and it was great stuff, made it really easy to clean the dirt off them and the color never faded.

Randevil

Beer Filter
Established Member
IMO, stay the hell away from yellow unless your car is yellow...also, don't go nuggin futts on the caliper paint. What I did is painted my calipers black and the brackets red. (Black car) It gave it a little flare but still subtle...I used the paint from O'reilley's

Like this...

55696.jpg

55685.jpg

SVT8U

Established Member
Id say go black......I think any other color is kinda ricey imo. Black looks subtle and really cleans up the look of the calipers. I love mine and I get tons of compliments

53.jpg

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Me likes red :)
225912_470_full.jpg

225912_471_full.jpg

This is when I painted them last year. The paint didn't do so well, so they are now being powder coated red with the "SHO" filled in with black. This is a Taurus SHO, but it has Cobra brakes. Those PBR calipers used to say Cobra before they said SHO.

As long as you're upgrading, add some more bling (plus a good cast and lighter weight) like I did :)
225912_586_full.jpg

vipergts281

Established Member
SVT8U said:
Id say go black......I think any other color is kinda ricey imo. Black looks subtle and really cleans up the look of the calipers. I love mine and I get tons of compliments
I agree. I just painted mine black. Red looks ok, but everyone does red. I like black, like stated above, it cleans them up.

Here is a pic of mine....

DSC04759.jpg

I took sandpaper to the COBRA letters.....
DSC04751.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
After I painted my calipers i let them dry for 45 minutes. I then took a flat tip razar blade knife to the COBRA letters and etched the paint off. Seems to be the best way not to mess up everything else around the letters. then I cleared them-shane

vipergts281

Established Member
mysticsvt said:
After I painted my calipers i let them dry for 45 minutes. I then took a flat tip razar blade knife to the COBRA letters and etched the paint off. Seems to be the best way not to mess up everything else around the letters. then I cleared them-shane
I just taped off around the letters, as you can see from above. Then I just took some sandpaper to them. I didn't have any problems at all and they look great! The tape was just there to provide extra protection.....since the letters are raised it is hard to mess up the paint on the caliper.

yamahaSHO

Established Member
yamahaSHO said:
Me likes red :)
225912_470_full.jpg

225912_471_full.jpg

This is when I painted them last year. The paint didn't do so well, so they are now being powder coated red with the "SHO" filled in with black. This is a Taurus SHO, but it has Cobra brakes. Those PBR calipers used to say Cobra before they said SHO.

As long as you're upgrading, add some more bling (plus a good cast and lighter weight) like I did :)
225912_586_full.jpg

My paint didn't do as well as I thought, although it was hi-temp paint, it was too soft and all the brake dust impregnated itself into the paint.

With that said, I just had them powder coated and I love it!

zuress10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread