What college is worth going to?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
NYU is the school that most hs students wanted to attend. Im loving my stern grad experience so far.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
ANY COLLEGE is going to be better than richland lol sorry im from birdville. but the tuition isnt whats going to kill you is the rent at any apt. i go to UNT (not saying thats where you should go if money is not an issue pick somewhere else) and pay 350/mo for my HOUSE up here where as my best friend goes to UT and pays 800/mo for his APT. and he will be paying more next year. if you can afford anything i say either UT or like they were saying somewhere in FL or CA becasue why the **** not lol who wouldnt want to live in cali or FL and see hot chicks in practicly nothing all year. anywhere you go you are going to find the ppl that are easy to get along with and your also going to find dickheads just depends who you hang out with.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
You should come to OU! It's great here! Don't worry, we've got a lot of texas converts. We don't look down on them.....much....

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Man I was hoping to narrow down to a few schools but yall make them all seem amazing. I would love to wear board shorts and flops all day. But Chicago and Cali are sounding good to. I really want a place where the student body is fun and easy to get along with. Seeing as that im leaving everything and one I know behind.

I can generalize the reasons I like both schools.

My school was a commuter school, and a good majority of its students drove or took the bus to school each day. There wasn't a very cohesive student body, and the campus died down pretty bad after about 3PM each day. So, while I got a good education, my "college experience" could have been better.

That doesn't necessarily mean I wanted a party school, but just a better place to enjoy my 4 years at (a better fit). My attitude in high school was that I wanted to get in there, get my bachelors degree, and move on. If I knew then what I do now, I would have worked my ass off to get into one of those schools (they're both top schools).

I like the UC Berkeley campus because of the overall feel of the school, and the students were very active on campus. It's a pretty liberal place (probably the most liberal, in fact), but if you can get over that, there's something to do for everyone. Plus, it's just across the bay from SF.

U Chicago is in Hyde Park, which is a pretty poor, frequently dangerous, moderately gang-infested neighborhood. Probably because of this, the campus is very tight-knit, there are always students hanging out, and they always figure out really cool things to do. The campus security is pretty good, so on-campus isn't too bad. And if they get sick of that, downtown Chicago is only a short bus ride away.

So, to wrap up my increasingly-too-long post, find a school that will be a good fit for you, check out many options and different features of the school, and try to get to know the student body. Those two schools seemed to stand out to me, but there are many other choices (obviously).

Rochard

Established Member
I remember back in the day the only way to make money was to go to college....... That's all changed. Get a loan, open up your own business.

I went to college. Graduated with honrors too. What a waste that was!

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Seriously... I see so many people with expensive degrees working at Starbucks or in fields that have nothing to do with their degrees. The job market is so competitive these days that you need something to help you stand out from the crowd. You ever thought of going through the officer program in the Military? College education with a built-in resume.

westtx47

Established Member
I remember back in the day the only way to make money was to go to college....... That's all changed. Get a loan, open up your own business.

I went to college. Graduated with honrors too. What a waste that was!

Yeah...because all businesses are successful. Whats the average failure rate for start-up companies? Somewhere above 90% I believe. I'd rather take out a student loan, get a quality education, and leave my options open.

99caddysts

Established Member
Anybody been to the northeastern colleges?

As far as having a good time, UNH was rated #7 party school not too long ago but there is nothing else to do out there. Like to smoke pot? Vermont is the place to go.

If you can get into BC, BU, or even Northeastern, those would be awesome colleges to go to if you want a good time. Big party schools and they are right in the city. If you can't find anything to do there, you don't know how to have fun.

Definately go to a LARGE school if you are looking to have a good time.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I went to NSU in northeast OK and it was ranked number 1 I believe for party schools in Playboy mag. That was about 5 years ago though. Right on the river and plenty of ladies. Good education too.

Don't wear orange in Norman. A guy got his nut sack ripped off for wearing a UT shirt in a Norman bar.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
I have only heard terrible stories about Berkeley and U of Chicago, everyone I know who has gone there have absolutely hated it. Im at USC right now and its been an amazing experience. I recommend it 100%.

hell ya! Ill be there next year :beer:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
to the original poster, sounds like you're interested in schools around texas. i went to school at miami university in oxford, ohio. about 16,000 students, absolutely beautiful campus, total college town, that is completely safe. the girls at that school are absolutely incredible (when i was there, they were ranked 1 or 2 by playboy for girls). to top it off (for you), their business school is nothing short of fantastic--the university is well-known for their business. unbelievable 4 years of my life, i'm almost in tears right now, thinking of the complete lack of responsibility that goes along with being in college--whatever you do, work hard, but also enjoy it--thoroughly.

1BadKB03

Established Member
Im for sure really looking at other colleges in other states. I grew up in Texas So its just hard to leave this place. How hard is it to get into these colleges? I have a 4.0 gpa, but I know alot look at other factors.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Im for sure really looking at other colleges in other states. I grew up in Texas So its just hard to leave this place. How hard is it to get into these colleges? I have a 4.0 gpa, but I know alot look at other factors.

Are you in the top 10% of your class? (I would hope a 4.0 is) If so, you get into any Texas school automatically.

Users who are viewing this thread