What college is worth going to?

1BadKB03

Established Member
So I am Finishing up my basics at a community college near Dallas, TX. My question is, What University would ya'll recommend looking into? Of course my first choice would be UT, but I want this to be the best time of my life and would like some ideas.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Boomer Sooner! Head north, young man. OU will always be on top, plus tuition is MUCH, MUCH cheaper than UT.

Mayo5

Established Member
I'm majoring in MIS

and the three best schools in the nation for this is Texas/Alabama/Maryland.

What is your major?

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
Yeah what exactly are you looking for? When it comes to colleges you have a ton of options picking a school. I was sick of Texas cuz there aint nuttin der. So I chose FSU cuz its close enough to the beach, close to the number 1 spring break destination in the country, GIRLS!!, football, and they have one of the highest rated business programs in the country.

What exactly defines "best time of your life"

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Boomer Sooner! Head north, young man. OU will always be on top, plus tuition is MUCH, MUCH cheaper than UT.

He'll have to pay out of state tuition though which is a big chunk of change. Go to a school that you'll stay at and finish.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Yeah, but out of state OK tuition is cheaper than in state for TX. Pretty stupid for them, but true.

1BadKB03

Established Member
The tuition is not a problem...Luckily. I went to Richland as well. When did you graduate? I am really looking to major in business finance. that may change we will see. I really just am looking for a new start somewhere. I havent visited any campuses other then UNT and UT. How are the classes? How are the women and rent? At FSU, Sorry to the OU guys I have been a die hard Texas Fan. There is almost no way for me to justify going to OU I would feel like a hyporcrite. Any other east coast schools?

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
^I heard something about that. I knew someone that transfered from T Tech to OU and didnt get charged out of state? dunno why?

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Tuition in OK is just not that expensive. I had a ton of friends that came to OU because its apparently pretty hard to get into Texas schools, and out of state is cheaper at OU than in state at aTm or UT. :shrug:

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
The tuition is not a problem...Luckily. I went to Richland as well. When did you graduate? I am really looking to major in business finance. that may change we will see. I really just am looking for a new start somewhere. I havent visited any campuses other then UNT and UT. How are the classes? How are the women and rent? At FSU, Sorry to the OU guys I have been a die hard Texas Fan. There is almost no way for me to justify going to OU I would feel like a hyporcrite. Any other east coast schools?

The women are GORGEOUS! Imagine this. Texas has hott girls no doubt but these girls ALL go to the beach= damn good tan. Its a laid back school honestly About the same if not harder to get into than Texas. Classes are awsome as long as your cool with wearing board shorts and flip flops year round haha.

I went to Richland doing the dual credit program (not the highscool thing they have now) for my last 2 years of highschool then 1 year of actual college. Worked my butt off and got a scholarship. Since youve been to Texas and UNT ill compare. UNT has the garage and thats the only good bar IMO. Texas is a kick ass school and if it was in Florida it would be comparable with FSU

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Berkeley - U of Chicago - Princeton

Best undergrad experience ^^

Education at the ugrad level will be the same regardless of which school you go to - nothing is very advanced so all of the nobel-prize winning professors will be worth a hill of beans. Go where the cool students are.

l8nightsvt

Established Member
Berkeley - U of Chicago - Princeton

Best undergrad experience ^^

Education at the ugrad level will be the same regardless of which school you go to - nothing is very advanced so all of the nobel-prize winning professors will be worth a hill of beans. Go where the cool students are.

I have only heard terrible stories about Berkeley and U of Chicago, everyone I know who has gone there have absolutely hated it. Im at USC right now and its been an amazing experience. I recommend it 100%.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I have only heard terrible stories about Berkeley and U of Chicago, everyone I know who has gone there have absolutely hated it. Im at USC right now and its been an amazing experience. I recommend it 100%.

I wasn't a student at either, but I spent a couple of weeks at each with other students and it was a blast. Not good if you're only looking for girls - stinky hippies on one end and fugly nerds on the other. But generally, the student body at each is a blast to hand out with.

1BadKB03

Established Member
Man I was hoping to narrow down to a few schools but yall make them all seem amazing. I would love to wear board shorts and flops all day. But Chicago and Cali are sounding good to. I really want a place where the student body is fun and easy to get along with. Seeing as that im leaving everything and one I know behind.

Users who are viewing this thread