What chip should i go with?

D-Cobra

Established Member
here's the whole scoop, i had a tune on my car (superchip), but then my car was detonating like crazy (i guess it was the gas during winter time), so i had the car custom retuned.

so now i already have a tune, but the tune is very conservative, and it has little to none timing before 3000 rpm. therefore everytime i floor the car, it doesn't pull hard until after 3K.

to my feeling, it kinda feels like a boost lag and that defeats the purpose of having a root style blower because the car is suppose to deliver low end power and torque like as soon as i step on it.

so here's my delimma... i'm thinking about getting another more agressive tune for the car and keeping this conservative tune for winter times (for some reason, my blown cars always have detonation problems in winter time).

given the route i want to go, what should i get? a diablo single program chip? another single program superchip? a flip chip? or should i get the predator tune?

2003 Silver

Banned
I just ordered a Predator from Mustang Racing Technologies........did some research and it sounds like a great product.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had the Diablo chip with Amazon Racing's tune. I was very happy with it. Very happy!

D-Cobra

Established Member
the predator sounds like a good way to go, but i already have a chip, and i dont want to spend all the extra money for the handset and a tune.

so i'm thinking it'd be good if i just buy a used diablo chip and have it reburned for my car. BTW, how much does diablo charge for a custom tune? and will they modify the tune for free?

Users who are viewing this thread