• IMG_4599.jpeg
    IMG_4599.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 43

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Grabbed this today at HF, someone returned it so I only paid $251

44" x 21"
What a steal! When I went to get mine back in October/November of last year, the one I bought was the last one they had…they could barely keep them in stock. I splurged because I needed one. Mine is red.

Good find man!

robvas

Established Member
Got a new 26" topper for $169 today (15% off 199)

Basically filled the other box up with all my stuff right away so this will be a nice add on.

They didn't have it in stock at one store but sold me it then it was a pain in the ass to return etc so I got another $15 back in a gift card.

Will probably grab a composite 3/8" ratchet to try.

Attachments

• IMG_4857.jpeg
    IMG_4857.jpeg
    439.5 KB · Views: 45

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Got a new 26" topper for $169 today (15% off 199)

Basically filled the other box up with all my stuff right away so this will be a nice add on.

They didn't have it in stock at one store but sold me it then it was a pain in the ass to return etc so I got another $15 back in a gift card.

Will probably grab a composite 3/8" ratchet to try.
I need one of those. Looks nice

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Excuse the mess; I recently moved. Check Slickdeals for deals on boxes if you're not in a rush you can find some steals. Both of the Kobalt boxes are the heavy duty (3000 series) ones. All three of these are solid enough for a home mechanic.

I grabbed the Kobalt stainless box for $500 total ($300 bottom, $200 top) on clearance. The Wen was $400 from a local scratch and dent Wen location. And the white Kobalt was $80 on clearance at Lowes. Probably don't need all of them but couldn't pass the price and you can never have too much storage.

Edit these pics make them look small. The stainless box is 41 w, 65 h and 24 d.

Kobalt 1.jpg
Wen 1.jpg

Kobalt 2.jpg

Last edited:

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have no cheap tool boxes. As a professional auto technician for over 40 years, I was brainwashed early on and have nothing but super expensive Snap-On boxes. If only I knew then what I know now, I would not have contributed to the Snap-On man sending his kids to Harvard...

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Snap on Boxes here too, also been a tech for 40ish years. Bought my first one 1990 and it’s still going strong, this thing has at least several thousand miles on moving from shop to shop in the oil patch and several shops around town and my personal move 300 miles to put down new roots About all it needs Is a good cleanin, a couple new Drawer liners and a couple new drawer slides for the bottom Drawer. I know I am being lazy by not repairing these minor details but too many other projects on the go atm but at least they made to the”to do” list. If I had the need,would buy again without a second thought

HEMIMACH 98

Established Member
always liked matco tools been a mechanic for most my life
i will probably get rid of this box and get a bigger one
i do buy a lot of special tools to keep up with all the crap that is being installed on cars trucks suvs

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Here's my setup, went with a Costco lower and upper. Looking to see if they still offer it. -edit- not available... and what they have is expensive. Harbor Freight
039.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread