What Can I Expect In 1/8th??

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
Just wondering if anybody has any idea on what 1/8th time I can expect out of my '04 Comp Orange Cobra? Stock tires, BBK CAI, BORLA CAT BACK? I would like to think i'm a good driver as I have yet to lose a street race. Also whats the next least expensive mod I can do and gain some ponies?

TRACK TIMES BELOW ... SCROLL DOWNTRACK TIMES BELOW ... SCROLL DOWN

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
jbindahoos said:
Thanks man! Just bought an 1990 Supra Turbo from you boys down there in TX!

I see you live in West TN! What town are you in? I used to live in Jackson, TN. In regards to your question, I would say more than likely low to mid-8's @ just under 90 mph will be your results on the stock Goodyear F1's if you can drive good and hard. Anyways, take it easy guys.

ls1eater

Established Member
cobra-info said:
8.5-8.6 at 88-89mph id say
Thats what a cobra runs stock........depends if you can hook with a little with f1's....I ran with intake and exhaust with nitto 555r's and ran a 7.9 @ 91 so anything is possible.....

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
Hey REP, I've lived in Dyersburg about a year now. Go down to Jackson once or twice a month....but I really miss Cali! Good move goin' to Florida!! Later

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
ls1eater said:
Thats what a cobra runs stock........depends if you can hook with a little with f1's....I ran with intake and exhaust with nitto 555r's and ran a 7.9 @ 91 so anything is possible.....

damn you got to post before me, thats what I was going to say ;-)

cobra-info

Established Member
99SnakeBit said:
damn you got to post before me, thats what I was going to say ;-)

he is talking about 2 piddly mods? no slicks or drag radials. & one out of 100 people can get a 1.9-1.8 on stock f1's, he is probably in the 2.0 60' range on stock f1's. he said nothing about a diablo tune either, the canned or custom. what are you guys expecting I still say even in the right conditions an 8.4 somthing at best. He is lucky if he picks up 35 rwhp at the peak of his power curve with those mods not 35 hp through out the power curve. :read:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
cobra-info said:
8.5-8.6 at 88-89mph id say

i think that is a reasonable estimate...

i was able to get into that et range before my drag radials, but my best mph was only like 85. i am not a very good driver and i still can't get a great 60' even with drag radials.

but as far as the next least expensive hp mod i would say a handheld tuner. really a chip is cheaper but you need a tune to go with it so it isn't really cheaper unless you get like a 3.40 size

but i would say just get drag radials so you can lay some of the power you already have down better

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
Those "piddly" mods set me back $900, LOL! Anyways i'm just starting out and I appreciate all of your input :beer: Probably go with the tires, then pulleys and a tune. I'll post my times when I run to see how close your estimates were! Sorry my mod list isn't very long but i'm working on it!

Last edited:

ls1eater

Established Member
cobra-info said:
he is talking about 2 piddly mods? no slicks or drag radials. & one out of 100 people can get a 1.9-1.8 on stock f1's, he is probably in the 2.0 60' range on stock f1's. he said nothing about a diablo tune either, the canned or custom. what are you guys expecting I still say even in the right conditions an 8.4 somthing at best. He is lucky if he picks up 35 rwhp at the peak of his power curve with those mods not 35 hp through out the power curve. :read:
Oh my bad I apparently forgot to mention the infamous driver mod that I carry :lol:

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
Well, i'm going friday night.....wondering if anybody has any advice on what rpm I should try to launch at since I only have my stock Eagle F1's?? Thanks guys

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
Well I ran tonight and here are the times, well i'm only gonna post the best time and it was run by my brother. Let me say that you don't realize how these Eagle F1's suck until you run them at the track LOL! Well i'll post my brothers best and my best.
My brother: (against an '02 Lightning)
r/t .945
60' 2.176
594' 8.152
1/8 8.676 @ 85.87

'02Lightning
r/t .639
60' 2.004
594' 8.261
1/8 8.818 @ 80.90

Mine:
R/T .845
60' 2.136
594' 8.157
1/8 8.706 @ 81.96 ( hit rev limiter in 2nd DOH! )

So I guess my next mod will be better tires!

Last edited:

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
Nice, yeah I really didn't expect to run much better than stock times....plus it was warm and humid and I could really never get a good 60'. Mostly just experimenting so I can measure each mod I do against my previous setup. Under the conditions I think I did about as goood as I could. Nice time though.
Gonna go get some Nitto's and try it again. Sucks cuz i'm having a hard time finding a tuner near me here in Dyersburg, TN..........any ideas post 'em :idea: I was just happy seeing that Lightning get a jump on my Brother and then my Brother running him down.....that made my night. We were the only 2 SVT's there. When we first got there a brand new red F250 pulled up and setup next to us, he had a black '90 LX on the trailer and it looked pretty badass. He was obviously trying to show us up and you could see all his friends looking out of the corner of their eyes to see if we were looking. So they start to pull the Stang off the trailer and the hitch pops off the ball and the guy keeps backing up and when he was almost completely off the trailer, it lunged forward and punched a big hole in the tailgate LOL :shrug: The owner of the truck was turning red because none of his guys told him to stop even though he should've seen what had happened. Anyway his car was badass as he was running really low.7's and his best run was like a 7.006

Last edited:

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
You're right, first time at the track in my Cobra and couldn't get the Eagle F1's to hookup.....really not that far off what was estimated by other posts on here. Was really hoping for an 8.5 around 89-91...oh well can only get better from here I guess. Had the car for a year and a half, and only have 4,500 miles on it....so that tells you how often I drive it!

Last edited:

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
Nice times, well went back to the track Sat night and lowered my air pressure (27 lbs) and here are my best 3 times.

r/t .575
60' 1.922
594' 7.965
1/8 8.466 @ 90.51

r/t .625
60' 1.901
594' 7.940
1/8 8.444 @ 90.66
Best run: (Last run)

r/t .507
60' 1.891
594' 7.899
1/8 8.404 @ 91.50

It was a little cooler too about 70 degrees and 40 % humidity. Ran about 10 times and all of my other times were better than yesterday but I still wasn't happy with them. I let my Dad make pass and he almost wrecked my car, he made a solo pass (thank god) and got sideways and fishtailed for about 3 seconds and about gave me a heart attack, here was his time LOL.

r/t .942
60' 2.729
594' 10.491
1/8 11.235 @ 60.50 :shrug:

Last edited:

MikeW

Established Member
Your times are headed in the right direction and the Drag Radials will help for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread