What CAI should I get for a DD?

tdo

Established Member
I have been reading for quite some time and was going to get a JLT, but I keep reading others say to avoid rain if you put on the JLT.

I drive my Cobra in all weather including winter as my daily driver (snow, sleet, rain are common in Michigan). Is a JLT out of the question for me?

If you think I need to keep it in the engine bay, what then would you recommend?

Thanks.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
tdo said:
I have been reading for quite some time and was going to get a JLT, but I keep reading others say to avoid rain if you put on the JLT.

I drive my Cobra in all weather including winter as my daily driver (snow, sleet, rain are common in Michigan). Is a JLT out of the question for me?

If you think I need to keep it in the engine bay, what then would you recommend?

Thanks.

I am in the same situation with my 04 Cobra. I am going to get the JLT RAI. JLT has both. CAI (in fenderwell) and RAI (In engine compartment).

GodStang

Established Member
JLT. In order for you to have a problem with water from rain you would have to drive through about 2 or 3 feet of rain and at that point you would have other problems. I have driven through 6"-1ft deep puddles with my JLT on my old car and had ZERO problems. JLT is a great setup.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For easy of maintenance and installation, the RAI is the best. I personally preferred the Steeda RAI, but K&N and JLT RAIs are excellent as well. I tried a CAI fenderwell kit (not JLT) and didn't like it. A bear to install and a bear to change/refresh filters. To most, it's a personal preference. Either types work very well IMO.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I could not decide either,I live in NM hardly rains much, but best choice for me, #1 ease of instalation and did not cut into my beer time, looks killer and made the eaton scream. JLT RAI!! :beer:

ViciousJay

Established Member
screw it buy a LFP 10" filter and adpater... costs 90 bucks and outs down the same power as the rest...

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
JLT here
bear to install, but less heat soak than my old underhood RAI (this is my seat of the pants opinion)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ygoslo, but you have the Steeda RAI. That's certainly not the biggest filter you can buy. LOL! By the way, that was the one I loved the most of the three I tried.

The truth is that for the average setup pretty much any of the CAI/RAI offerings will work very nicely. It would be hard to find one that is vastly superior to all the others. But that's just my opinion.

tdo

Established Member
Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I have several choices. Keeping in mind I have a daily driver (winter beater) Cobra.

I had a similiar to JLT CAI set up on my 2000 GT (there when I bought it) and drove that car all winter without any trouble that I could see or feel. But I was concerned as the Cobra obviously has more power and probably more unobstructed air needs, and might suck up more water, etc than the old GT did.

vr4_007

Established Member
Idunno,.. but I will happily take that orange car with a big wing off of your hands for you. ;)
Also Cobra bob,.. I see you owned some Mopars,..
Is there a sub Termi-Mopar group im not aware of?

oh,. and K&N right here, and very happy in the Seattle rain.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I love how the JLT RAI looks! This isn't my car, but it's what my engine looks like...minus the whipple

whatIwant.gif

Users who are viewing this thread