What brand of tires do you all run?

jt239

Established Member
Man, i gotta get some 315's out back. My 275 BFG's look like skinnys compared with some of these pics...:cryying:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
just ordered nitto 555r dr's but the last time I needed tires funds were low and i got some sumitomo 315/35/17. They are the biggest waist of money ever! My car is only driven on the weekends and the tires lasted me three months, With out even romping too hard on it. the tires flatout suck! No one ever get them....just warning you

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
Put BFG G-force sports on front and back in stock size, and couldn't believe how well they hooked. Cost me $500 for the set installed on base, couldn't be happier.

On the red car, have 285 Nitto 555s on the rear, and they barely hook even in third on reduced boost. I won't buy again.

Juruense

Banned
Among Mustang drivers BFG is clearly the most popular and best choice.

Surprised to see someone running Toyos, they are uncommon on Mustangs.

Also remember that DRs will get you a couple tenths at the track and will get you killed in the rain. Is it worth it?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Falken Azenis 615's in stock sizes here. So sticky I was able to melt my brake pads on the local road course.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I have some Hankooks in the front and Nitto DR's in the back at the moment. I have new wheels and I'm about to order Hoosier DR's for the back and Falken 615's for the front.

RoadRash

Established Member
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 - 275/35/18 front and 295/35/18 rear but just bought Vredsteins Ultrac Sessanta's for the front with the intent of buying the 295/35/18 for the rear. After the Whipple install it is very clear that I need some Nitto 555 - 335/30/18's on my 18X10.5 Saleen replica rims if I want to hookup in ANY gear .. :rockon:

Tmac01baller

Established Member
For all of you running DR's on you daily drivers how do they perform. It keeps being said that they will kill you in the rain, but isn't this if your just being stupid?

Those who have Nitto 555's how do they work for you?

iceracer

Meco Power
Established Member
I run M/T drag radials on the street and M/T ET streets at the track. I've been caught in the rain w/ the drag radials and it's not fun. I won't go over 40 in the rain.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
BFG KDW2 335/35/18
bigasstires.gif

RoadRash

Established Member
For all of you running DR's on you daily drivers how do they perform. It keeps being said that they will kill you in the rain, but isn't this if your just being stupid?

Those who have Nitto 555's how do they work for you?

I daily drive my Cobra and I have read many threads about the Nitto 555's (since I am considering them) .. I think you are right, if you drive like an idiot, you will probably crash in the rain .. just take it easy .. :burn:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Nitto 555rs arent bad in the rain until they get bald. Thats the same with any tire IMO. As of now i have Rikens up front and 315 555rs in the back. Ill be getting some Rikens for the rear soon since my dr's are getting close to bald. Im done with dr's or sticky tires until i get axles and weld some reinforcements on my Sra and torque boxes. Nitto drs dont last long with 100+ miles a day.

Yes i will be kicking myself when i lose from spinning.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'm running 18" Toyo T1R's, and love them! Probably not as good a true drag radial, but they hook well for the street, and have an awesome looking tread design. No offense to anyone, but the tread on the KDW's doesn't look good to me - it looks like it belongs on a truck, or something. I know they are excellent tires, but as I said, I like the look of what I have better, that's all...

Users who are viewing this thread