What brand of tires do you all run?

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I just went from the Goodyear Eagle F1s to the GS-D3s up front (275/45/17). GS-D3s FTW!!! They are an incredible tire compared to the F1s. Almost feels like a luxury sport car now. lol.
I run Nitto 555RIIs in the rear (275/45/17). Hate them... video... even after heating them up a bit.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/208898.htm]Hilarious 30-80 Pull. 19 PSI Whipple Cobra- Video[/ame]

Need some 315s.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i can only run dr's and i do all the time. but, it hardly ever rains around here. street tires in the back are not worth it to me.

so far i have only run the bfg's, but since they are hard to find right now, i will be putting on hoosiers and rotating them with another set of m/t's. looking forward to seeing how they work out!

for fronts i was only running the bfg t/a kd's, but now they are discontinued, and i have bridgestone potenza's up there right now.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Nitto 555rs arent bad in the rain until they get bald. Thats the same with any tire IMO. As of now i have Rikens up front and 315 555rs in the back. Ill be getting some Rikens for the rear soon since my dr's are getting close to bald. Im done with dr's or sticky tires until i get axles and weld some reinforcements on my Sra and torque boxes. Nitto drs dont last long with 100+ miles a day.

Yes i will be kicking myself when i lose from spinning.

same here.. I actually had riken all around on my stock wheels. for the price, they are the best radial i have ever owned, by far. When I was just pullied, and 3.73 gear, I could roll into first gear and it would hook up top and into 2nd. When I ported it, and 4.10 gear, I could do the same in 2nd.

Now with the chromies, I put 315 555r's out back and i added a 3lb lower and a accufab. It is HARD to hook 2nd. I am regretting the nitto's. They have less than 20 miles on them and im already thinking about getting some bfg's.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Anyone running the m/t 295/45/17?? I like that it is 27" tall. Wonder if it might be too narrow for a 10.5" ??

these will be mounted on my car as soon as I find a beater to drive everyday.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I run Nitto 555's in the front (265's) and Nitto DR's in the rear. 305/35/18. I haven't had any problems in the rain, but the car can get pretty squirrly if your dumb with the gas

SVTPaul

Established Member
My Cobra came with Sumitomo 315/35/17's on the back when I bought it...got 2 years and about 10k miles out of them, including a road trip from Ohio out to the East Coast of Canada. But don't expect them to hook! You get what you pay for and I view them as a disposable tire. Good if you don't mind wheelspin when ripping in 2nd and sometimes 3rd.

just ordered nitto 555r dr's but the last time I needed tires funds were low and i got some sumitomo 315/35/17. They are the biggest waist of money ever! My car is only driven on the weekends and the tires lasted me three months, With out even romping too hard on it. the tires flatout suck! No one ever get them....just warning you

rmk600

Established Member
What sold you guys on the BFG KDW2's? I know the tread looks awesome, but I have read about tire noise and wet traction being less than good. These will be on a daily driver. I am just curious of experiences with that tire, etc. Thanks.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
What sold you guys on the BFG KDW2's? I know the tread looks awesome, but I have read about tire noise and wet traction being less than good. These will be on a daily driver. I am just curious of experiences with that tire, etc. Thanks.

That's what everybody told me also, that they're very noisy. Then again, performance tires aren't suppose to be quiet. I also think the thread design is kinda funky like it should belong on a truck or something.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i just put on a set of hoosier drag radials 275/40/17. super sticky!!! wonder how long these will last lol

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Goodyear GS-D3's here.

im about to order some directly from GY, if they still make them. i havent checked. free tires ftw! :rockon:

Vredsteins

great tires. same specs as the GS-D3s but quite cheaper. my tire guy highly recommends them. i put them on a local cobra who was adament about getting the goodyears. they were on intergalatic back order so he did some research on the Vreds since my tire guy highly recommends them. he was pleased about their specs and took them. he was very happy when he drove on them.

toyo tr-1 265/30/19 in front, 295/35/19 in the rear

i have these on my car right now. theyre pretty nice. not much choice in 19". im not spending $$$ on michellins lol. ive put a few sets on some trucks too. i have them on my own truck.

BFG KDW2 335/35/18
bigasstires.gif

those tires are sick!

Anyone running Nitto Invos???

i did a set on a gt500. VERY expensive tires. weird tread pattern. supposedly pretty good though.

my tire guy doesnt like these at all. he says theyre not very good tires and theyre are much better options (especially for the money). but then again, he's probably thinking more for regular street driving and not :burnout: like the cobra guys do it :dancenana:

i recently had MTET DRs on my car when it rained. i was doing about 30 and baaarely stepped on it (just to see) and sure enough, the back easily started coming out. you just need to be cautious when running them in the rain, that's all.

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
For all of you running DR's on you daily drivers how do they perform. It keeps being said that they will kill you in the rain, but isn't this if your just being stupid?

Those who have Nitto 555's how do they work for you?

I have the 315's and I love them!

Users who are viewing this thread