What blower for 550-600whp

NiceCobra

Established Member
Well my quad is being sold on Sunday and I'll have around 5k to play with for my 03 vert
My current mods are
•2.76 upper/100 mm idler
•jlt next gen rai
•o/r prochamber
•borla stingers
•ford racing diff cover
•hr race springs
Currently tuned and makin 478whp 468 tq.
I'm wanting around 550-600 whp and I think I will be totally satisfied. I know I will need
•60 lb injectors
•kb bap
•ba2600 maf
•killer chiller

What blower/pulley do you guys suggest to make around the 550-600 mark? Whipple 2.3?

What other mods will be needed ? How long will my stock clutch last? It currently has around 7k miles on it

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Any aftermarket blower will get you to your goals. Your mod list looks good, but I'd add fuel pumps as well. Depending on your driving habits you may want a clutch handy.

Last edited:

NiceCobra

Established Member
Ok I'll consider it. Any idea how long my stock clutch would last at those levels? The car is only street driven.

I may even consider going the ported blower route but idk if I will be satisfied around the 520rwhp mark.

Last edited:

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
I would go different blower route, you will be able to make it go faster a lot cheaper if you do get the urge to do so, where a ported blower you are kinda right where you are now again. Some people are able to last a while on the stock clutch, mine began to slip on the dyno.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea that's what Im afraid of. On my last car my stock clutch slipped on the Dyno and I wasted $500 on the tune for nothing because I had to go back

NiceCobra

Established Member
Haha I think around 550 I will be satisfied for awhile. So it sounds like I should just replace the clutch before slapping on a new blower.
I just hate the feeling of adding something that's not broke haha

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea I'm also getting them too. Still just looking around for more install prices. I only got 1 quote so far for 300 welded and painted. Mm subframe connectors a good deal?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I think I would call more shops and get some estimates on install sounds a little high.

HandBanana

Established Member
Yea I'm also getting them too. Still just looking around for more install prices. I only got 1 quote so far for 300 welded and painted. Mm subframe connectors a good deal?

MM SFCs are awesome. I just got mine done a few weeks ago on my vert and it is a night and day difference, almost no chassis flex now, feels more solid in the turns. I got the hook-up on buying the SFCs but I paid full price for install: $195.

You do what you want with your dollhairs but I would suggest SFCs, FTBR IRS package, BAP, MAF, injectors, clutch, HE and a tune(3500-4500 depending on new or used parts). Then down the road you'll be able to bolt on a blower and tune it and you're pretty much done. There is no dirt cheap way of doing it, to just throw together a TS build all in one shot will run you 7-8k easy.

Users who are viewing this thread