What Battery would U suggest?

oilwell1415

Established Member
When mine went I replaced it with a Motorcraft just like it came with. It cost a bit more, but there's a lot of junk out there these days. I always hated selling batteries because people always bought the cheapest thing and then cried when it gave them problems. A few more bucks for something good is money well spent.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I just put the high end one from Napa in mine, but If I had had the time to get it I would have bought a Motorcraft. They are both good batteries.

svtfordracing01

SilverStorm
Established Member
I just replaced my original battery with an Interstate Batteries Megatron Plus, and it doesn't hurt that my family's Ace Hardware sells them. Got a nice discount on it :rockon:

Last edited:

funair02

Established Member
FWIW the Motorcraft is manufactured by Johnson Controls (so are half of all batteries out there)
The EverStart Maxx at WalMart is made by Johnson Controls - and if you compare them side by side - yes they are the exact same battery...

moon

Established Member
Johnson Controls........Yep !! and you can throw in there list 'interstate'.

Optima is the only Battery that they make themselves ---- er, that I've found so far .

oilwell1415

Established Member
Most batteries are made by the same companies, but not necessarily to the same specs. Just because the case is the same doesn't mean the guts are the same quality, just the same shape.

Kinda like most O2 sensors are made by Bosch, but if you get an OE part it almost always works better than an aftermarket one.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
FWIW the Motorcraft is manufactured by Johnson Controls (so are half of all batteries out there)
The EverStart Maxx at WalMart is made by Johnson Controls - and if you compare them side by side - yes they are the exact same battery...

They make Diehard as well, my next battery will be another motorcraft since this Diehard I replaced my original motorcraft battery with holds less of a charge then my basement carpet. Month old and dead, I take it in and they test it. It comes back ok, but now after getting it back it's hot and is making a sloshing noise. My guess is they had to top it off to charge it.
Doesn't matter, I never drive my Lightning anymore.

Sent from my "secret" underground bunker.

moon

Established Member
I have a sneaking suspicion that the stock Motorcraft batteries in the F-350 are spiral cores.

I've seen batties cut apart (how ever yrs ago) and all plates were flat, interesting suspicion !!!

Can U expand on this ??

Users who are viewing this thread