What are your Paxton dyno numbers?

D_workman

Koda_5.0
Established Member
Hey guys,

I've been saving up to go twin turbo (On3 Kit) around the end of the summer but recently i have been presented with a very good offer. A guy with a Paxton and I have been talking and he is selling it for a good price and I could have it on my car by the end of next month. I was wondering what you guys with Paxtons have been putting down on how many pounds of boost with what supporting mods. I am mainly interested in the wheel torque numbers yall are putting down. Thanks!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
641 Rwhp / 557 torque 10.4 pounds of boost max with beefcake torque booster, a tremec magnum and ford racing 4:10s.

Texas01GT

Established Member
Keep in mind it will also depend on what correction factor people are giving you there numbers in. Mine with STD correction came in at 649rwhp / 512trq @ 7.5 to 8 psi with 3.8 pully, longtubes and o/r x pipe with kooks mufflers.

Last edited:

D_workman

Koda_5.0
Established Member
How are you getting such high rtq numbers? That was my only worry about the Paxton. If I make 620-630 wheel I would want to be atleast 520+ WTQ. Does anyone have any tips on getting good torque numbers out of these kits?

kdaly

Established Member
The way to do it is by wastegating it on the charge side.. Then pulley down. You can pull upper 500's wtq in a wastegated paxton. Im doing it with the smaller Vortech. Gonna need LT and Cats, BAP, and Intake too, to get up in that range. But the paxton is super reliable where as the on3's gonna need some massaging.

If you just want to be in the 500wtq range and not the upper 500's then the stock kit should get you right about there with an offroad mid. Upper 500's on a centri needs wastegate

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
My #'s are std and Adam at Rev auto in Md. Tuned it , the car runs great! 93 octane with a bottle of lucas octane booster in the tank!

Last edited:

D98GT

Established Member
1105-MMS-1424974300-attachment1-IMG_20150212_143943342_zps75gjgdwy.jpg

That's a 2200SL with ATI overdriven balancer on a 3.47 pulley and race fuel.
Longtubes, o/r midpipe, and a built lower end on 9:5 compression.

The ATI balancer is a great idea and I am surprised that more don't go that route.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Wait for the twin turbos. Went from Paxton to twins...man the twins are so much more fun (and faster). The torque is amazing. Made 510tq on the Paxton. Made 660tq with the twins on similar boost.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Wait for the twin turbos. Went from Paxton to twins...man the twins are so much more fun (and faster). The torque is amazing. Made 510tq on the Paxton. Made 660tq with the twins on similar boost.

I agree unless you want the power to come on subtle. Paxton was a no brainier for me on this car because my last car flat out hauled ass with the Paxton. Kept it on this car for about 600 miles and realized there is a big difference between the mt82 car and this a6 car with the same blower. The turbo setup is a lot more fun with this car. Don't have to spin the shit out of the motor to see boost.

mhyjek

Established Member
Crazy my 3.8 pulley, stock headers, off road h, gt500 mufflers on 93 made 610hp 510tq on a mustang dyno that's known to hurt feelings
Track numbers to collaborate dyno#'s Not second guessing you just looking to take out dyno correction factors...

Blu3SVT

Established Member
675/550tq on mustang dyno...3.6 pulley, e85, stock headers and stock mid pipe with factory cats (blew them out later on the streets). 9-10lbs of boost. houston altitude

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread